Saturday, December 21, 2013

26 weeks

Time is flying!!! Christmas came so fast and I cannot beleive it's really here. We just finished our 26th week with a bang! Christmas cookie baking day, but I will get to that in a minute.

We finished painting little man's room! FINALLY! Now I feel like I can actually start decorating and putting things in there. I'm so excited to go shopping for him and get things together.
sorry about the smudge in the center, there must be something on my camera lense. This is the best picture to show the color of it like it looks in real life.


Last night we went to dinner with Taylor's parents and they came over afterward to see Cora, they are obsessed with her and she with them, it's so cute. I got this hilarious pic of them together.
 We did not pose her that way, she just crawled up there and smushed herself between them. So cute!


This is my crafternoon project for this week! This table was $5 at a garage sale and I'm gonna refurb it and paint it green to go with baby's color scheme and put it next to his brown glider so I can set things on it while I feed or rock him. I'm pumped to see how it turns out. The lampshade is getting a cover too but I haven't decided which fabric yet.

This week was CRAZY again. I worked a ton and so did Taylor and I think I'm done with that noise. 36 hours is plenty per week for this momma. This nugget is starting to get really heavy and I am carrying him so low so it's hard for me to run around non-stop without getting sore by the end of these long days everyday. Then I finished my Christmas shopping yesterday. Now it's time to relax. I wrapped most of my gifts this morning and then my mom and sister came over to help me bake delicious snacks and treats for Christmas. I pulled several recipes off of pinterest and from friends and we went to TOWN!
We made:
Red Velvet, white chocolate chip cookies
Peanut butter pie cookies
Regular sugar cookies with yummy icing
White chocolate covered popcorn with M&Ms and pretzel chunks in it. "Christmas Crack"
White Choclate covered pretzle sticks with sprinkles
Oreo truffle balls

Pictures speak louder than words however, so here you go.














 
YUM!!! Now I get to sit and rest while my mom is at a holiday party, my sister is studying for her G.R.E. that she takes on monday for grad school entrance, Cora is snuggling me and baby is kickin away.
It took lots of convincing to get Erika to come and bake for Christmas because she needs to be studying but we convinced her. This is the CandyGram I made her to cheer her on today.
 
The best part of this entire day though, is that I passed my 2 hour glucose tolerance test to rule out gestational diabetes on tuesday!!!! Woo hoo!!!! So I got to enjoy all these goodies.
 
Here is my delicious (not) drink for my test, 3 pokes and 2 hours later and I'm a brand new girl.
 
Chalkboard time!
 

 
How far along? 26 weeks, baby is the size of a head of lettuce. Third trimester begins!!!! YAY! He is around 14.5in long and 2 lbs.  
Total weight gain: I gained a few this week, I'm only 1.5-2 lbs less than my pre-pregnancy weight now.
Maternity clothes? yep. Loving my gap maternity leggings with sweatshirts right now when I'm home.
Sleep:.I've slept like a rock but I've been exhausted this week. I can't get enough.  
Best moment this week: Passing my glucose test!! woot woot!!! No Diabetes for this momma. Finishing baby's paint in his room, washing my first load of baby laundry (that I go smell just because I can) and baking cookies with my mom and sis.
Miss Anything? Having energy, having a conversation without getting out of breath, sleeping on my stomach.
Movement: He moves like a crazy person.
Food cravings: Peppermint Mochas (decaf), Cookies and comfort food still.
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope
Gender: A boy elf
Symptoms: Back pain, tossing and turning when I sleep, swelling ankles and feet after at 12 hour shift or in general anymore.
Belly Button in or out? It's still in but it's getting pretty flat.
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy for the most part, unless you had a video camera of my christmas shopping trip to oak park mall, then it was moody.
Looking forward to: CHRISTMAS!!!!! I have all sorts of things up my sleeve :)

No comments:

Post a Comment