Sunday, December 1, 2013

23 weeks

I can not beleive I just finished my 23rd week!! That is so crazy. We are officially in the part of pregnancy called viability. This means that if I were to deliver this baby right now they would at least try to save him although he would be so so tiny and very very very sick. We are definitely not in the "safe zone" yet but I am thankful we have made it this far and this little man has stuck with us to this point. I feel confident about keeping him cooking until March and while I am so excited to see him and hold him, I can definitely wait until he is bigger and healthier. So yay for viability!!

This week was another one for the books! It was THANKSGIVING!!! Woot woot
I started off the week working 3 in a row which wasn't fun but oh well, it allowed me to have an entire week off in between shifts for thanksgiving and the weekend so it was worth it.
Thursday we started our day by taking Cora to Taylor's parents house. His mom LOVES Thanksgiving and she goes all out. Even though there are only 4 (5) of us eating she makes a massive turkey, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, stuffing, dressing and homemade rolls with butter. She also made pecan bars and pumpkin pie. The food was to die for and we tried to control our appetites and drooling mouths because just like every year we eat with Taylor's parents first and spend the morning and part of the afternoon with them.
Cora LOVES going to Taylor's parents house.

The food!! MMMMMMmmmmm

The Vultures started circling as the feast was almost finished.

Baby girl gets spoiled rotten at grandma and grandpas house. She got to stay the rest of the afternoon with them while we went to my parents and God only knows how much table food she was given after we left.
 

 Then we go to my parents and spend the rest of the afternoon and evening with them and go to the plaza lighting. For round two we basically had the same meal but, just fresh green beans instead of  the casserole and sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top instead of brown sugar and pecan crumble and for desert Erika made homemade apple crisp and pumpkin whoopie pies. It's fun to get to have different variations on the same meal. We were soooo full after the second round but hey we survived. After that we convinced Taylor into going to the Plaza Lighting. My Uncle Mark lives in a condo on the plaza and we parked at his place and walked to the stage. The show was TERRIBLE as usual but the lighting is fun and it's a tradition. My cousin Rachel's new husband Marcus had never been so we had to take him for old time's sake.
 
 

Sorry these are all a little out of focus, they were taken with my iphone.


He didn't really want to be there. Good sport anyway.

me and sisterbird.





This morning I got up at 5:30am and took my freezing cold, tired, pregnant self to Babies R Us hoping and praying for a good deal on munchkin's chair and ottoman that we chose for his room, no such luck. The place was empty and there were really no good deals at all. Then I met my mom and sister at Target, went to Home Goods and Old Navy and then back to my mom's house to decorate for Christmas and eat leftovers for lunch. By that time I was so exhausted I could bearly think strait so I came home for a nap.

All in all I am so incredibly thankful for everything I have. Of course I am thankful for my beautiful house, my great job, my husband having a great job, our cars, our family and friends but most of all I am thankful for Taylor. He is such a god send. He has stuck by me without question through everything and fills the true definition of a partner in life and a best friend to be there through the good and bad, in sickness and in health for better or for worse. He is my rock and my knight in shining armor and I can't thank God enough for him and now for giving US this baby, I have been told a great quote " what if you woke up tomorrow with only what you thanked God for yesterday". I would have very very little but God knows my heart, he knows I have a list hours long of things to be thankful for but he knows Taylor and this baby are at the top of the list :)

Love this ^^^^^

Chalkboard Time!

I feel HUGE this week!


How far along? 23 weeks, baby is the size of a grapefruit. My app says baby is 11.5 inches and a little more than a pound. I feel like he is really having growth spurts these days, my weight has changed a lot this week and my belly just feels and looks a lot bigger to me and baby's kicks are a lot stronger!
Total weight gain: I gained back some weight this week. Haven't weighed since Thanksgiving and I won't until next week but the morning of Thanksgiving I had gained 4 lbs this week WHAT THE HELL!? I mean my appetite skyrocketed this week, another reason I feel like he had a growth spurt but jeeze 4 pounds in a week? YIKES. So I am officially only 6 pounds less than my pre-pregnancy weight now.
Maternity clothes? Of course. But I really don't have that many things, I feel like I am wearing the same few outfits over and over. I asked for some cute maternity clothes for Christmas.
Sleep: Sleeping ok this week.
Best moment this week: Thanksgiving with the family! Christmas shopping for our family.
Miss Anything? Having energy.
Movement: Lots, he moves all the time now. it's just so reassuring to feel him move all the time. I love that I know what makes him move  (eating, drinking cold drinks, driving in the car especially with loud music. etc) and I can tell when he must be asleep too.
Food cravings: Thanksgiving FEAST!!!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, still doin great with the sickness thing.
Gender: a Boy turkey
Symptoms: Just feelin big (I know you are laughing, thinking you have soooo much more to go) Thank you, I am aware but I still have a big belly that I am not used to and although I am still down from my pre-pregnancy weight there is still a large amount of weight sticking off the front of me that is heavy and unusual and gets uncomfortable when I am standing or walking around all day.
Belly Button in or out? in but getting much much more shallow now.
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!! I love love love the holidays, the Christmas music on the radio, the plaza lighting, the family dinners, the shopping, the traditions. It's all been so much fun!
Looking forward to: Ordering munchkin's crib and chair, working on the nursery some more. Getting my Christmas shopping done and decorating for Christmas and going to get our tree and decorating that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment