Sunday, December 1, 2013

24 weeks....so far.....

This week started with a VERY frustrating day. I had great intentions to get up early, head out to Nebraska furniture mart and simply AND QUICKLY order the crib Taylor and I had picked out the last trip we were out there the previous week. We would have ordered it then but I was hoping it would go on sale for black friday. No such luck. Then I needed to go to Old Navy (the entire store was 40% off and I needed maternity khaki's for my second job (it's the dress code) and to find some more t-shirts to wear with scrubs and under scrub jackets since my belly is really too big to fit in my normal scrub tops anymore. Good intentions....keep that in mind. So my mom and sister offered to go with me and then we were gonna come back to my house and decorate for Christmas. Well the day quickly went to crap. Here is the original crib.
 Except it was such a dark brown it was almost black (which would clash with Navy blue walls), I found it online in a lighter brown that would go perfect against his navy blue wall and off we went to order it.... WRONG. Apparently the brown color is "discontinued" and you can only order it if you order the $650 armoir too. Well, I don't need/ can't afford the armoir so that wasn't going to work for me. I was so frustrated and didn't see anything else there that I liked. Plus I didn't have Taylor with me to help me choose another crib. We liked the sturdyness of the first one and the flat more masculine top of the first one. This was the only one that was that heavy and sturdy with a flat top so I had to start over. I sat in a glider in the corner and was so frustrated that I went all the way out there to get it and couldn't order it that I just cried, thanks pregnancy hormones...emmmmmbarrassing. So I called Taylor at work and told him I was going to send him pictures of other cribs and to just pick one so I could leave, I was starting to get hungry and sick of standing around and my sister and mom wanted to leave so after much debate and trying to figure out which cribs came in a regular brown color we finally picked this one.

Still sturdy, just not a flat top but not super girly either. So I went to find my sales guy again (he SOOOO deserved the commission for dealing with my crazy hormonal pregnant ass) but of course, he was helping a family with 4 small kids order a bunk bed set. I waited around for him for about 20 minutes and had another sales guy go and tell him I was ready just in case they wanted to look around a little while I purchased, but they were ready to buy too and he was doing their sale. I waited another 15 minutes and finally found another guy to do my order with. He said he couldn't find the crib in that color to even order (even though I was holding the picture and order pamplet shown above in my hand). I was soooo mad and he basically turned me away and said he couldn't help me. Now my 20 minute trip was 2 hours in and my sister was PISSED that she was still sitting there waiting for me. So I found another sales woman, told her what happened and she was livid the guy didn't help me. She ordered it in 15 minutes and I left with a splitting headache, empty stomach, sticker shock from the price, bad attitude, tears in my eyes, a pissed off sister and a partridge in a fricken pear tree... deep breath.....
THEN we went to Old Navy ( I wouldn't have gone based on my mood alone, I'm smart enough not to add insult to injury, but they are the only Old Navy in the city that carries maternity in store and I was already right there) but you guessed it. No khaki pants AT ALL, not much selection of anything else maternity and long lines = me teary again, because I was already in a bad mood and basically S.O.L for my work event this week if I didn't find khaki's. (I did find a few T-shirts). So I walked across the way to motherhood maternity and my mom was already inside with a few pairs of khakis in hand off the sale rack. Now Motherhood Maternity had a few pairs but sizes their pants in XS to XL instead of normal pre-pregnancy pant sizes like 0-16 or whatever. I grabbed a large and it looked TINY so I grabbed the XL (the biggest they carry) and went to try them on. I couldn't even get the XL up they were so tight, so I tried another style that looked a little bigger, Nope, not a chance. WHAT THE HELL!?!?! How can a maternity store carry things that don't even come big enough to fit me, I am not a massive person here but I am pregnant, if anything the size I wear should be labeled XS just to make me feel better about already feeling HUGE. What kind of sick and twisted joke are they pulling in there. Talk about a blow to my self image at a horrible time in life to take such a hit. What the hell do people do that are bigger than me that are pregnant? Go naked? Seems logical, whatever, so yes I cried in the dressing room, threw the khakis on the bench in a huff of hormones and ran out of there. GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr. What a disaster or as my mom called it a "cribtastrophe". Perfectly put mother. But she cheered me up a little and helped me put Christmas music on when we got to my house and got my sister entertained with her Christmas craft and we got to work decorating. Her never ending optimism pissed me off earlier in the day but I needed her steady calm and cheeriness. Thanks Momma I love you, you little cheery elf you. Now moving on to happier items. Go ahead and laugh at the story above BTW, I can't yet, smoke comes out of my ears still just thinking about it, but someday I will laugh about it.

We got up early sunday morning and went to get a peppermint mocha and then Clark said to Ellen Taylor said to me " We're kicking off our fun old-fashioned family Christmas by heading out into the country in the old front-wheel drive sleigh to embrace the frosty majesty of the winter landscape and select that most important of Christmas symbols." Basically we went to get our Christmas tree!! Yay! Taylor beleives it's sacreligious to have a fake tree (which is what I grew up with) so for all 3 years we have lived together we have gone and cut our own tree and my hot husband lugged it to the car lumberjack style with his ax  saw in one hand and tree in the other and strapped that sucker down and we drove it home and put it up. :) It's actually been a really fun tradition for us and I can not wait to take the nugget next year! Ahh the pictures, I can imagine it now!  Moose sweater, baby jeans, red plaid lumberjack hat, big rosy cheeks, gummy drooly smile, fun for one and all,  probably more like screaming, teething, hungry, anti-photo taking child.....oh the memories we will make. Whatevs, anyway....
 
Pregnant shadow selfie with my peppermint mocha shadow too.
 
Searching for the perfect tree.
 
We think we found it!
 
Feeling manly cutting it down himself.
 
 I told him to smile.....rule breaker.
There she is.
 
 
 Hauling that puppy in

 
 
 
 look how cute this face is. She was trying to figure out what the hell was going on.
 
Baby girl's first christmas, She couldn't figure out why there was a freakin tree in the house.



Adding the star on top!

FINISHED!!!!

Here is my mom's and my handy work with the Christmas decor that we did on Saturday, not too shabby for the rare form of fire-breathing pissed off pregnant dragon I was that day.
 My buffet in my dining room.
 The bannister

The bathroom downstairs.

More bathroom, with the reindeer picture I made off pinterest last year.

 Fireplace, I still have stockings to hang.
 



My centerpeice on my island.


MORE TO COME AT THE END OF THE WEEK INCLUDING CHALKBOARD AND STATS.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment