Saturday, October 19, 2013

It's a........

BOY!!
 
 
Today was such an awesome day! Our family has been begging for  a chance to see the baby since we told them we got pregnant and as of right now we have had 7 ultrasounds due to being high risk from our infertility stuff to start and due to being in the hospital for fluids because of my vomiting and routine scan and then our spina bifida scare. But only 1 of those were "routine" to date and we were not dragging our circus to the doctor's office. So we made a fair compromise. We scheduled a 3D/4D sono at an independent boutique called Kansas 4D ultrasound. The package we got included:
 
  • a 45 minute sono where we could invite whoever we wanted to watch
  • a DVD of the entire scan start to finish set to music
  • a build-a-bear of our choice (we picked a puppy dog) with a sound box that has the baby's heartbeat recorded onto it.
  • several printed pictures of the baby
  • and a birthstone bracelet for momma
The ultrasound group....can you tell who is related to who?
The people that own the studio are an amazing couple and were so wonderful to work with. The woman did our sono and Taylor's mom, my mom and stepdad, my little sister and my grandma all got to come. My grandma was the funniest because she was nervous about the whole thing. She has never seen an ultrasound and couldn't figure out how it worked and if It would hurt the baby.
 
 Some people think this is creepy, I think it's so cute! The baby's head is on the top center and he is looking toward us and a little to the right.
Little arms and big juicy umbilical cord, gross!
 
 
We got to watch the baby for a long time and when she first put the wand on my belly she immediately told us that she knew what the baby was. She had to look 3 separate times to be sure before she could tell us but finally announced "It's a Boy!". I was in absolute SHOCK. I swore from minute one this nugget was a little girl and was so convinced. But he definitely is a little boy, definitely.
 
 I would say the coolest part of the whole thing was toward the end she grabbed Taylor's hand and put it on my belly and told him to press down and watch the screen. Taylor pressed my belly and you could see his hand push the baby down a little! It was amazing that he could basically touch him, I immediately started crying ( I know, you all are shocked) but the sonographer was telling us how important it is for us to bond with the baby and I get to bond by feeling changes like my belly growing and feeling the baby move and it was Taylor's turn to see how he can "play with the baby". He started rubbing the baby's back and the baby flipped over so his spine was completely up towards his hand and then he stretched out and the snuggled up like he was going to sleep, it was precious!
This was when Taylor was rubbing his back.
 
When the scan was over and we were waiting for our DVD to be finished we got to shop in the connected boutique. My grandma is a die hard KSU fan and got baby a little KSU baseball hat. My sister got the baby this awesome aviator hat with goggles on it.
The "heartbeat" puppy and hat

 
 
 me and momma
 
me and Erika and my mother in law
 
 
Afterward we came home and carved our pumpkin that says "Boy" and took pictures so we could announce it on facebook and to friends.
 



 



 and then there are these two jokers.  and can we talk about how my sister can literally wear whatever she wants and still look fashionable?
 
We are excited for the little man!
 
Then my family came over and we made breakfast, we had pancakes, scrambled eggs with cheese, fresh fruit and bacon. YUM!

 
 
My parents also gave us a little treat (they had a boy treat and a girl treat). It was this precious sleeper.
 
Then we went shopping, I took my girl onesies back to carter's and we got lots of great outfits on sale and we also went to Nordstrom Rack and got some great sleepers for him. He is spoiled already.
 
I honestly CAN NOT believe that I am having a boy, a son! Holy cow, it's just so weird to say it. I am a little nervous honestly, I don't have much experience with a boy but I am so very glad that my kids will have a big brother. I always wanted one!


No comments:

Post a Comment