Thursday, October 3, 2013

15 weeks, baby smith and some baby lions

This week was so fun! Taylor, my mom and I all went to Fayetteville, AR to visit my sister for the day on sunday. We drove down 3.5hrs and met with Erika and got a tour of her gorgeous newly renovated sorority house and got to see her room.

This is the front freakin entryway. Amazing!

 Then we went to this zoo about 30 minutes outside Fayetteville in Gentry, AR. It's a wildlife drive through safari and zoo. There is a 400 acre reservation that has tons of awesome animals that you can stay in your car and drive and they come right up to your window. Then there is a part that you walk around and there are tons of animals that you can pet and touch and hold like goats, baby cows and horses, wallabies, rabbits, pigs and piglets, capuchin monkeys and BABY LIONS!!! Yes I said it, baby freakin lions! They want all their big cats to be socialized and used to people so they let you go into this pin and sit on the hay and snuggle their newest litter of lion cubs. Erika had told us about this and we saw pics from times she had gone in the past but it has been a bucket list item for me ever since and we had to go before the weather gets bad and the baby comes.


This is Piper the capuchin monkey.
it basically attacked mom.

She was trying not to drop it, as it crawled all over her. LOVE HER LAUGH in this pic.
 


Here are the lions. Hands down one of the coolest experiences of my life. It's amazing that they only weighed about 10 lbs each but they were so similar to their adult counterparts. They paced the walls of the pin and they pounce and stalk moving items. Their little growls and cries are soooo cute. Sometimes they reminded me of house cats and others you can see their aggression and their strength and it gets a little scary. Their tiny teeth are sharp and so are their claws!


 Is this not the cutest thing you have ever seen?!







 LOVING MY LIFE!...Can ya tell?

Aww little nugget.


Then we saw the giraffes, Erika's favorite animal! Scarlett and Sophia. They were only a year old and stood 10 and 11 feet tall.





Baby baboon that was like 6 lbs or less, it was wearing preemie baby diapers! SOO cute. They had it in a playpen with that stuffed bear to cling to because it's momma wasn't being as attentive to her as she should have been and they were worried about her starving or being neglected.



White Buffalo!
 This would be my sister trying to pet the zebra (even though the signs say EVERYWHERE to keep your windows rolled up) Rebel!


 My mom and my sister have been looking for a cute giraffe stuffed animal for the baby since they found out I was pregnant, as a gift from AuntiE and we found one at the zoo! It's soooo soft, I love it!
Overall we had an incredible day, we went to a few shops in Fayetteville when we got back and to DamGoode Pies, a great pizza place! It was sad to come home but we were exhausted and it was great to see Erika.
 
Here is a selfie bump pic in my first maternity outfit ever! Ignore my wet hair
 
This is happening this year....just orange duct tape on a black shirt.

And this is happening next year (in a bigger size of course)
 
And the most important thing about this week is....... I have been 3 solid days in a row without getting sick one single time! I haven't really even been nauseous......and drum roll please.....this has all been UNMEDICATED!!!!! HURRAY! I think it might be coming to a close.
 Now watch, i'll pack on 30 lbs in 2 weeks. lol sigh


 
Chalkboard time!

I need to work on the colors in my pics, The chalkboard looks so much better in real life, it's yellow on top, then orange and then pink. I will work on it.

How far along? 15 weeks, baby is the size of a naval orange
Total weight gain: Still sitting around 16 pounds lost.

Maternity clothes? I got my orders from old navy, gap and target in yesterday and it was like Christmas morning. I got stuff on SUPER sale and even got to use a 40% off sale price coupon at old navy. I ended up with about 10 shirts, 2 pairs of jeans and 2 pairs of leggings. Let me say that "full panel" on the maternity jeans....sexy but effective. The jeans stay up and they make my baby bump look a little bigger :) Maternity clothes are COMFY! Just have to find a nice fall dress for a few weddings we have coming up.  
Sleep: My sleep comes in chunks at any time of day, I fall asleep watching TV but then am wide awake at 2 am so I sleep in the next day and it's just crazy.
Best moment this week: Holding a baby lion! Seeing my sister and spending time with my family.
Miss Anything? My sister!
Movement: Still waiting....But it's really early to feel anything and my placenta is probably going to block movement until baby is bigger bc it's in the front of my stomach.
Food cravings: Pretzels with cheese, buffalo chicken dip, pot roast and mashed potatoes. Things are finally starting to sound yummy!
Anything making you queasy or sick: meat still bothers me but I haven't gotten sick from it lately.
Gender: We will find out October 19th.
Symptoms: weird dreams, belly growing, stuffy nose.
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: The weather staying cool, My belly to get bigger and finding out what we are having.

No comments:

Post a Comment