Thursday, October 17, 2013

Infant and Pregnancy Loss Awareness

October 15th (which is our anniversary) is infant and pregnancy loss awareness day. The entire month of October is awareness month as well but specifically that day. Taylor and I have never had the horrid experience of losing a baby in utero or out but I know many many people that have lost littles and my heart just aches for them. Feeling the already intense amount of love I have for my baby and already knowing a little bit of its personality just makes me nauseated to think of losing it. God forbid this happens to us or anyone else we know but if it has or does in the future I pray that those families find peace and healing and future blessings. I have learned so much in the past 2 years trying to have a little of our own about the importance of life and how precious it is. You learn not to take these things for granted, life is short, sometimes too short and it's so unfair and sometimes god has plans for us and timing for us that doesn't make sense to us and that definitely doesnt ease the hurt but it makes things have a reason and sometimes a reason for things we don't understand is comforting. Maybe we weren't meant to be pregnant 2 years ago when WE wanted for a reason. God had a plan for us and I hate to think that not giving us a child was his plan and watching us hurt for that long was his plan but just like us, our lives have a direction and a purpose and sometimes God knows and not us. Sometimes littles need to be guardian angels for their siblings or their parents. We will never know most of the time WHY things happen but we can keep those who struggle in our hearts and our thoughts and our prayers and love them with everything we have. Struggle brings people together and lets them know others care and love them. I use struggle as a way to love on people I care about. To support them. To show them I love them and that they are in my mind and heart. I never want anyone to struggle but if they do I want them to know they are loved. And so to those who are privately or publically stuggling with loss, you are in my heart. I pray for you daily, for healing and for peace and for your guardian angel that is watching down.

No comments:

Post a Comment