Sunday, October 13, 2013

16 weeks

My cousin Rachel got engaged! Actually a few weeks ago but things are really starting to get moving on the wedding planning process. She and her fiancĂ©, Marcus, are getting married this fall. November 10th in fact which means that we have a large family function coming and that makes my heart happy. I LOVE when my family comes together for a function, especially to support another family member. I have the best family in the world that is full of unconditional love and plenty of hugs and laughter and it's so awesome to get to be around them. The last 4 years we have had annual weddings where we all get to be together and this year was missing something for us....until now! So thanks Rachel for giving us a good excuse to get together and celebrate you and Marcus. We are excited!

Erika came home this past weekend to surprise my parents, she was only home a short time but we got to spend some time together which was good. Other than that I am just trying to get ready for a friend's wedding we have in 3 weeks in Wichita and Rachel's in 5 weeks. I need a bump accommodating dress, harder to find a cute fall-ish dress that is bump accommodating than I thought, but honestly I haven't looked that hard yet.

In other news, I closed my Etsy shop this week. I will still do custom orders of stuff for friends frequently so all of you readers don't be sad. I still love to paint and do crafts but the mandatory thing with deadlines and bossy customers is overrated. These people who want a hand painted baby onesie in a certain size, delivered to their door in 2 days without paying extra shipping and acting like I have nothing better to do in my life than drop everything and accommodate their baby wardrobe needs can take a hike. I am over it. Etsy shoppers primarily are wealthy stay at home mom's who want cute hand made and artsy items for a last minute gift, their kids, themselves and their houses who don't have the ability to craft it themselves. Which is great but I have a full time job and a dog and a husband and I am pregnant so if I put on my shop that I will have your order to you in 1-2 weeks that does not mean I am LATE getting the item to you if it's been 4 days since you placed it. It's just gotten to be too much stress and trouble and time out of my life to make it worth the money.

And most importantly...BABY/MOMMA UPDATE! I have only gotten sick TWICE in 14 days and I have not been on my anti-nausea medication in about that long as well. My doctor was thrilled about the news tue but said now I need to start gaining weight, so I have started tracking what I eat and the calories to try to hit my goal each day, I still don't have a big appetite at all and I crave healthy stuff most of the time (except the donuts I had to have tonight at 10pm that we went and got)lol. Baby is very active (the doctor had to "chase" it around my belly with the dopple to catch it long enough to get the heartrate. Which was 156 by the way. Otherwise I am healthy and baby is doing good and our next sonogram is Saturday to find out the gender, then we have one November 5th (at 20 weeks) to check out all of the anatomy again and make sure baby still looks good.

CHALKBOARD TIME
 My belly doesn't look that big in my chiefs jersey but I had to wear it today to cheer on my team! 6-0 baby!

These are the votes....so far on whether people think it's a boy or girl.
 
 
How far along? 16 weeks, baby is the size of a Avacado...mmmmm....guacamole....mmmm
Total weight gain: Lost two pounds this week, even though I haven't been sick which is weird. 18 pounds down total.

Maternity clothes? I have been wearing my maternity jeans that I got and trying to show off the bump, which is just weird bc it's the first time I have even been proud of my stomach. But I guess a little nugget in there will do that to ya.   
Sleep: I have been wide awake at night sometimes and wanna sleep during the day. Night shift is messing with me I think.
Best moment this week: Getting to find out who all is coming to visit in a few short weeks for the wedding.
Miss Anything? Not really honestly. Wine I guess
Movement: Nothing yet, I sit around sometimes and just wait but nothing.
Food cravings: Still apples with caramel dip or just by themselves, I can't get enough lately. Guacamole and avacados, hot glazed donuts with an ice cold glass of milk.
Anything making you queasy or sick: meat still bothers me but I haven't gotten sick from it lately, I haven't really gotten sick at all lately....knock on wood.
Gender: We will find out October 19th. YAY!!
Symptoms: weird dreams, belly growing, stuffy nose, foggy brain...I can't think strait! Has anyone else ever had this? I hear a lot about "pregnancy brain" but I just had no idea how bad it can be. I hate to use that as a cop-out but I think it's real. I used to be soooo organized, I had my entire day and even week planned out in my head. I had a plan for everything and a schedule and a routine and now I feel like I wander around aimlessly and can't figure out what I was doing or where I was going. I opened a bottle of water the other night and almost poured it into my hand? WHAT THE HECK!!! Thinking it was lotion? IDK but very scary for me.
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on....and loose.
Happy or Moody most of the time: I have been very moody this week. Taylor asked me to be better about making sure Cora has fresh water each time I feed her (every evening) and I just burst into tears. Ridiculous, Sorry Tay!
Looking forward to: The weather staying cool, My belly to get bigger and finding out what we are having and all our family coming into town.

And just because she is adorable, I snapped one of Cora this week too. She has been such a sweetheart this week, she knows momma needed some lovin.

No comments:

Post a Comment