Friday, September 18, 2015

14 weeks



How far along? 14 weeks, baby is the size of a peach!
Total weight gain: Down a total of 1 pound from pre-pregnancy weight.
Maternity clothes? Still a mix.
Sleep: We got a bed at Nebraska Furniture Mart this week. A new amazing spring mattress with 8 delicious inches of memory foam on top to provide cush and support. Then we splurged a smidge and acted like the 80 year olds we really are and got the base that moves the mattress head and feet up and down. We had a damn good sale's man who catered to my every pregnant momma need. "Oh just think of how great this will be to put your feet up after a long day chasing your child when you are 9 months pregnant with this here lovely adjustable bed" and "oh you need to nurse the baby in the middle of the night, simple. Relax in comfort as you feed your sweet new babe by putting the head of the bed up so your back and head are supported." SOLD sir! SOLD!! How fast can I sign that line? Needless to say, it was delivered wednesday and has been wonderful. We watched the debate and the chief's game in comfort with our head and feet up just relaxing. Heavenly. As far as the frame, well....go big or go home eh? We have wanted to refinish our master bedroom for awhile now. The frame was Taylor's from childhood, the nightstand on his side I got free from a neighbor when I moved to college and it had my 10 gallon fishtank in my college apartment on it forever so it's pretty beat up. The "nightstand" on my side was actually a 3 legged stool style table with a flat sheet from walmart over it as "table cloth". Our bedding was old and not cute and our pillow cases were a mix of his and hers from college and childhood. I bought new grey sheets, pillow cases and throw pillows. New king size duvet comforter and pretty white cover and shams. New bed skirt. Then we went to Ikea and got new nightstands, that match! New bed frame, lamps and picture frames, curtains and sheers. I made Taylor paint after he got home from work on tuesday night before the new bed arrived on wednesday and it took us exactly two hours and exactly 1 gallon of Behr Marquee paint. If you haven't heard of this, get it for every project from here on out. It promises to cover in one coat and man did it deliver. It was thick and smooth and lovely and now our tan walls have been changed to a calming soft "silver bullet" gray. The crisp white linens, and sheers and trim, with the stark dark brown/black frame and nightstands and the soft grey walls and dark grey curtains and sheets look so pretty together. I wanted our room to be our safe happy calm place and since I will be spending lots of time in it with the new babe I wanted it to feel homey and comfy. It does now and I have my husband and the few extra shifts I've picked up lately to thank for it.
Best moment this week: Seeing my college girlfriends, albeit for a horrid reason (we lost one of our own far too young the previous thursday and got together to go to her visitation). Needless to say it's amazing that no matter how long it's been or how far apart we have been living, it's still just as good or better than it's ever been. Talk about healing. And then of course our new room.
Miss Anything? Sleeping through the night. I have been getting up alot to go to the bathroom and because my hands are falling asleep a lot. Someone suggested pregnancy induced carpal tunnel.....it better not be. Sigh.
Movement: Haven't felt that much this week.
Food cravings: Popcorn, apples and cheddar cheese all together for lunch, every single day this week. With a big glass of cold milk. I love the sweet, crunchy, salty, savory, cold and hot combo. Still loving that ^^^ and Skittles. Odd I know because I normally would choose chocolate every day of the week, lately skittles have been a must have. I also craved the peanut buffalo wings the other night.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope. I have felt great this week too.
Gender: Less than a week! I really hope they can tell at this sono!
Symptoms: Not much, Sore boobs still but hey that's pregnancy and then my hands falling asleep when I'm sleeping. That's getting old quick.
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on. :)
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy outside of the funeral monday night. :/
Looking forward to: Cooler weather still, our gender sono and then saturday we are going to the American Royal Rodeo. I've promised to take Taylor since we met and somehow we always miss it or can't go and this year we can! So excited!


I built both night stands for our new room.

 Loving the new "feet up, head up" feature of our bed.





No comments:

Post a Comment