Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Happy Graduation Erika!!!

My sister graduated this weekend!!! 

YAY ERIKA!!!!
My family came in town to celebrate with us as we went to Fayetteville, Arkansas to see my sister graduate and celebrate with her. She graduated from the University of Arkansas with a Bachelors of science in communication disorders.
She wants to become a speech pathologist to help others with speech and communication problems. It takes the patience of a saint and I am so proud of her for how hard she is worked to give her life and serve others! She graduated with honors and Magna Cum Laude. WOO WOO or should I say Woo Pig Sooie!

Thursday night my Aunt Betsy, Uncle Bob and cousins Heidi and Ben drove to town from Wisconsin and Heidi and Ben stayed with us for the weekend. It was so much fun to have them in town to help us celebrate. They got into KC around 2am and we all went strait to bed.

Friday we got up early as Taylor went to work and Henry, Heidi and I went to my moms to get ready for Erika's graduation party with my mom and Aunt Betsy and also to get ready for a backyard cookout/ birthday party for Ben and my Uncle Mark. Ben, My stepdad Steve and my uncles Bob and Mark went golfing. There was lots of snuggling going on. First Papa

Then Uncle Bob


Then Aunt Betsy

I love how they are looking at each other :)

Then Heidi

He loves his Heidi, He baby monkey hugged her too :)

 Then G.G. (great grandma)

We celebrated the birthdays with hot dogs on the grill and cookie cake (Ben's favorite)

 Ben and Heidi
and carrot cake (Uncle Mark's favorite).

My cousins Rachel and Marcus joined us along with grandma Janet.

Saturday morning we got up super early and left KC around 7am for Fayetteville. We got Ben his free birthday starbucks drink and headed out for the 3.5 hour drive. Henry was awake and happy between Heidi and I in the back seat as the boys sat in the front. Henry LOVED looking at Heidi.

He only needed to be fed once on the way down which was awesome and he slept the rest of the way.
 We got to Fayetteville around noon and Henry ate again and then we had pizza at a great place in Fayetteville called DamGoode Pies. My mom and her brother and sister at lunch.

 Uncle Bob wrote a note to Erika on the board.
Then we went to Erika's beautiful sorority house and helped her put the last few items that wouldn't fit in her car into the mini-van and our car to get her moved on. I fed Henry and of course he pooped out of his diaper just the tiniest bit and onto his graduation outfit (black and white check with a red bib for the hogs). So Taylor washed his outfit in the sink with soap and water and we air dried it, it was dry just in time for the commencement and for pictures.
 Check out his sweatsuit while his good outfit was drying out. Stinker....
The graduation was inside the basketball arena. Thank God! It was HOT out.







We watched Erika graduate and Henry slept through the entire 2 hour ceremony.

Poor G.G. had to use binoculars but she saw Erika.

She is the 5th one back.

 See the nugget has his cute outfit back on.
 Cousins....I was talking apparently.

Henry looks passed out drunk. I'm sure I will get a picture like this someday of him when he is 21...ugh lol

The boy cousins felt left out....these nuts married into us not the other way around. They only have themselves to blame.

Then we took more pictures and all piled into the cars to head home. We stopped at Braum's for burgers and ice cream, fed Henry once more and hit the road. We got home around 11:15 that night and Henry didn't make a peep the entire trip home. What a perfect baby praise the lord!

Sunday we spent the day celebrating my first mother's day and Erika's graduation with church and a BBQ lunch/ party. I got a cake from Sam's club and made a glitter razorback cake topper to stick into the cake.




 My little mother's day gift.

Erika opened her gifts and so did the mommas of the group.

Taylor and Henry gave me a spa day for Mother's day. A massage and mani/pedi! I am so excited to get to use that and relax and enjoy some momma time from my boys. It's much needed. My mom also gave me a book for Henry, a book for me and the pelican bath toy that Taylor has been wanting for Henry since way before he was conceived.  It was such a blast to have everyone there and get to share such a special weekend together.We spent that evening with Taylor's parents as well. Of the 5 love languages, mine is time. I don't care about gifts as much as I do about spending time with the ones I love. So you throw a weekend of family time and top that sundae of goodness (or Sunday depending on how you look at it) with the cherry of a spa day and life looks pretty dang good.

Congrats Again Aunt-E we love you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment