Sunday, March 23, 2014

39 weeks...the end is in sight! Or is it?

39 weeks...hmm where do I start? It honestly seems a blur but we will start with this. I worked monday and tuesday and I had been doubling my efforts to get this child out. It didn't do anything so I stopped exhausting myself. I decided to just take it easy and use my mind power instead of exhausting my body to will Henry to come. Monday and tuesday were easy shifts. I was just trying to get through the shift and move one day at a time toward my due date. I was still contracting pretty regularly and monday night I had horrible back pain that made me have to get out of my chair and walk around the unit because it hurt me to sit. I was hoping that meant he was moving down.
 Tuesday things slowed again and I got frustrated...again. I had an appointment Wednesday morning at 8am the minute I clocked out of my shift and I counted down the hours the entire night to get there. I walked over and had a few things that I wanted to talk to my doctor about. The biggest one. Getting my baby out.
 I was just so mentally and physically done with being pregnant. I had waited so long and I just wanted him here. The nurse told me that I was tentatively on the books for  an induction next wednesday 3/26. I would be 40 weeks and 4 days. I couldn't wait another 7 days and work another 4 shifts before I would deliver. I begged my doctor to let me be induced earlier than that.
  • We talked about the fact that I wanted the nurse practioner for the nursery (who works only mon-fri) to do Henry's circumcision and not a resident (who would be the one to do it if he were born at the end of the week or a weekend when the nurse practioner was not available). Noone would be "practicing" on my baby in that way so I wanted to deliver during the week and not the weekend or end of the week.
  • I also wanted to make sure Taylor got time off with us. He starts a new job next monday 3/31. Which is so wonderful for us! A great opportunity for Taylor with stability, more money, paid vacation, full benefits, a corperate ladder to climb, opportunity to go back to school, NO SATURDAYS!!! (he has worked every saturday since we met 4 years ago). I can't wait for him to start but each day that went by was one less that he would get to spend at home with us after Henry was born and I need help with a new baby and recovering! YIKES!
 
So the doctor asked me how soon I would be okay with induction. I said tonight! And she told me she would check because it looked like I just wasnt dilating as well as I should be for how many contractions I was having. She looked and they had space for me on L&D. I got my papers and literally skipped out of the office. I was going to have my baby that day!! WOOO HOOO!! I called Taylor and said "get your party pants on, we are having a baby!" Now initially I really really wanted to go into labor on my own and to experience laboring at home, in my bathtub, in my bed, with my husband, privately. I wanted to experience the excitement of "it's happening! He's coming!" and rush off to the hospital on pins and needles and the edge of my seat in the car from the contractions. BUT things turned out way better......
 
 
To Be Continued....

Chalkboard time


Guess who is excited!!!


BOTH OF US!!!!


This was literally the minute we walked out the door to go to the hospital.
 
 
 
How far along? 39 weeks, Baby is the size of a watermelon. I don't feel quite that big. I picture a watermelon being absolutely massive. I don't think it looks like I have one under my shirt by any means. I feel big but not as big as some of my full term counterparts.
Total weight gain: I gained a ton in water weight at my appointment this week. I was up 10 pounds and most of it swelling and fluid retention my doctor said. I almost died on the scale and made her reweigh me but my doctor reassured me it was normal. Up 27.5lbs now. HOLY $h!t. Gross. Oh well, pregnancy, not fat, pregnant, not fat.
Maternity clothes? Nothing new. 
Sleep: Not sleeping at all. Like 1 hour at a time and tossing and turning during those hours.
Best moment this week: GETTING PERMISSION FOR AN INDUCTION!!!!!!
Miss Anything? Feeling normal. I want my old body back now, thank you Henry.
Movement: He went nuts tuesday night and I think that was a big part of my pain and then by wednesday he had settled down again.
Food cravings: Orange Juice, cereal, banana nut muffins, greek strawberry yogurt. Breakfast items to say the least which is weird because I HATED breakfast food before I got pregnant.
Symptoms: going to the bathroom all the time, back pain, contractions, sore hips/pelvis, back pain.
Belly Button in or out? Completely flat this week. It looks so weird.
Wedding rings on or off? I can still wear them! yay! 
Happy or Moody most of the time: Impatient is the mood of this week. 
Looking forward to: Henry coming!! I just want to meet him I CANNOT WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment