Sunday, March 16, 2014

38 weeks

This week was uneventful. Which is good and bad. I needed a rest but I also wanted my baby to come! 

My contractions slowed down and only picked up and became painful and regular while I was up moving around. Then when I go to bed they slow. Which is ok because then I got some more sleep but....it meant that my progress stopped nightly. I had my BPP this week and munchkin did really well and actually didn't look grumpy this time. For once he looked pretty dang content just suckin away on his fist and back of his hand. Then I had my weekly appt. My doctor checked me and I'm making more progress but not a huge amount. She said this next appt (wednesday) we would talk more about induction if I wanted. I was so on the fence about it because I do NOT want to force him out and cause him stress or to have a c-section. But, I am so uncomfortable and anxious and ready to meet him and he will have had full time to cook by then. I feel like that's fair. So, I'll talk to my doctor and see what she says. She told me she is comfortable "pulling the plug" at any time based on my comfort level. My physical comfort and my mental comfort with it are two very very different things. If it was just my physical comfort level...bring it on, i'm ready for my kid. If just my mental, eh I'm on the fence just from risks but I also do NOT want a post-dates baby. The risk of his size, distress and meconium in utero are too much for me and I don't want to to take those chances either. Such a toss up. So we will see.  I worked wednesday all day for a meeting day and thursday night. Thursday I worked my little booty off, I ran around with a super sick baby all night long and barely sat until the very end of the shift and my body could feel it. Back pain, hips and pelvis sore and stiff, baby feeling heavy, contractions, cramps, lightening crotch zingers you name it. But, of course when I came home, ate breakfast and layed down...they subsided. I'm just praying he makes this decision for me! COME ON HENRY!!!

In other news my mom got a new dog this week! She has wanted a "big dog" for a long time now and our old neighbor had a golden doodle that had to live in their studio apartment in Chicago due to a job transfer and it wasn't fair to her to be cooped up so they wanted to find her a new home. My mom decided to adopt her. Her name is KC and she is sooo cute and happy!!
 
My mom also got me a necklace engraved with Henry's name. I LOVE it!


Chalkboard time!!



How far along? 38 weeks,  Baby is the size of a pumpkin....yup that's about how it feels lol.
I'm going to guess he is close to 7lbs 11oz based on his track record with weight. Perfect size! Come on Baby Henry!
Total weight gain: lost 2.5lbs this week (I think my body is just being ridiculous with my fluid retention). I'm at 17.5 pounds now.
Maternity clothes? Nothing new.  
Sleep:Still not sleeping well, I'm too excited just thinking about him or how this delivery will actually go down. Then I have to get up to pee, switch sides because of my hips, contractions etc.
Best moment this week: Realizing I have at most 7 days left if I decide to go with an induction next week.
Miss Anything? Just moving like a normal person, watching me get out of a chair, couch, car, bed is hilarious. I really want a glass of wine too.
Movement: Still movin' and groovin'.
Food cravings: Orange Juice, cereal, banana nut muffins, greek strawberry yogurt.
Symptoms: Lots and lots of swelling, no sleep, going to the bathroom all the time.
Belly Button in or out? Still pretty flat, definitely not going to pop.
Wedding rings on or off? I got my rings back on this weekend!!! YAY!!!! They get pretty tight but I really hate not wearing them, it makes me sad.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy but just want him to be here, We will say the mood has been anxious and excited.
Looking forward to: Henry coming!! I just want to meet him, HURRY UP BABY!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment