Sunday, January 26, 2014

31 weeks

first of all.....the nausea is back! I haven't thrown up yet but I've gotten close a few times. Why is it back? Is it because he is big enough to press on my stomach? It happens the most in the car or when I haven't eaten in a while. Blood sugar issues? Who knows but I don't like it. Go away nausea. Go away. (my doctor did tell me to start prevacid daily bc she thinks it's acid reflux bc he's pressing on everything)

In spite of all that, we got a TON done this week. Taylor has most wednesday's off since he works saturdays instead. This wednesday we had a date together, he went to work for a few hours to get overtime in the morning and I slept in, then we went to lunch and a movie (we saw ride along which is hilarious) I figured this might be the last time we get a chance to go to a movie before nugget comes so I wanted to take that opportunity. Then we came back home and worked on Henry's room a bit. We hung his peg board which looks so cute!
Taylor and his dad made a frame to go on the wall to put behind the peg board so you have space to get the hooks in and out.

Then we mounted the peg board to the frame.

Decorate! (ignore the tools on the dresser top)
 
Here is his lampshade. See how I am tying in the colors into each space. I have green in his lamp table, white in the shade and pillows, brown in the accessories on the table and his chair and ottoman are brown and navy in the wall and pillows.

I've done the color matching again over here. Brown in the changing pad and pegboard and accessories, green in the penant banner and monster painting, white in the dresser and painting and baskets and navy in the wall. There will be more on the pegboard and a shelf above with vintage toy trucks, cars and airplanes on it.

 I still have to decide what to put on the pegboard for sure but a few baskets are in place already, one for burp rags, one for wipes. The "where the wild things are" painting I did, a galvanized metal letter H, a rusty old wrench and a few paper penants with his name on them are going on it so far. I want a large mouthed mason jar on there full of pacifiers and a vintage looking clock too. My mom also framed his "Henry" puzzle that I made to announce his name at Christmas so I'll put that up as well.  We also got his wall mapped out for his large white photos I made to go above his crib and hung those :) They look awesome!
 And here again with the color matching, white in the pictures, bedding and curtains, brown in the crib, navy in the wall and bedding and green in the bedding (his sheet is sage green and so is the back of his comforter).
 
As far as the pictures go, I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but my friend Kent found the pictures online for me, resized them, turned them black and white and turned them all verticle. Then we sent them to Sam's club to be printed in large poster sizes for $5 each. I got the frames from Hob-Lob 50% off so they were $15 each. Not bag for $20 each when they should have been $100 each to be framed. Thrify....yes I am.

Things are progressing nicely, I just want to know when his chair will come in! I am dying to see it in place and it will help me know what to put on the walls over in that corner. We also bought his crib mattress this week so his bed is done. My mom brought over his lamp shade today and his curtain valance will be done this week as well, it was a smidge too small because we didn't account for the way the curtain rod came out from the wall.  I just have to organize everything now, which is so fun! woo hoo!

Other than that, my friend Allison and I threw a suprise baby shower for another girl at our work on wednesday night. Everyone working brought a treat to share, Allison made cupcakes and I made corn dip. We collected money and went shopping for her and decorated our break room. It was so much fun to see her face and shower her with gifts. Ironically she is due the same day as me with a little boy :) I'll even throw in a little craft tutorial for you!
 Here is the break room decorated with gifts and treats.
 
 Me and Kristen and our baby boy bumps. Due the same day!
 
Here is your craft tutorial. Allison wanted cute cupcake toppers for her cupcakes she made (which are adorable by themselves) but we couldn't find anything we liked. So I said "Oh, I'll just make some!" Any excuse for a craft right?
1) So I just found an object in my house that was the shape I wanted- circle. i.e. paint bottle
2) Trace bottle onto cardstock color of your choice- blue and white
3) get stickers that you want to use to decorate (and I used my cricut for the letters)
4) rubber cement two circles together with a toothpick sandwiched in between.
5) add stickers or whatever you want to the circles to match your theme.
6) stick into cupcakes...TA DA!


And speaking of baby showers, I have a baby shower for work next sunday. I can't wait! It's sports theme since it's a joint shower with me and my good friend Lisa (who has the same birthday as me, and a due date 2 days after mine, also pregnant with a little boy). We are having all sports concession stand foods, Cotton candy machine, fresh popcorn, soft pretzles with nacho cheese, nachos, football shaped coco krispie treats. It's going to be a blast! and it happens to be the afternoon of superbowl sunday.

Chalkboard time!


HA I look massive and this week I don't care because I like my polka dot shirt and my chalkboard.

How far along? 31 weeks, baby is the size of a pineapple. I have the first of my weekly sonos on wednesday so we will get to see how big he is.
Total weight gain: I gained a little bit this week. I am now 6lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight and man do I feel it. It's obviously mostly in my stomach and my boobs so it's all redistributed than it was before but I feel massive.
Maternity clothes? I need a cute outfit for my maternity pictures february 12th and it's stressing me out. I did find a cute blue blouse and a green shirt I like so I might choose one of those.
Sleep: I slept for 13 hours strait the other day. But I still get up every 3-5 hours to pee, usually I can fall right asleep again but not always.
Best moment this week: throwing a suprise shower for my friend Kristen at work (who is due the same day as me with a little boy) and getting Henry's nursery futher along.
Miss Anything? Having normal emotional responses to things, sleeping on my belly, walking around without getting tired and taking deep breaths and GETTING OFF THE COUCH LIKE A NORMAL PERSON! I have to like do this weird roll move, awkward. lol. And my back not hurting.
Movement: He's gotten so strong, sometimes his big movements hurt! He is head down and I think he's kind of on his side. He kicks to my right and sometimes gets my ribs but I still LOVE feeling him move.
Food cravings: Orange juice. I can not get enough. I went through a gallon in 36 hours and I got a little pissed when I drank the last glass because I was out. I bought 2 more things of it today and I got so happy to see them in the fridge. (I NEVER drank orange juice or any juice before I got pregnant)
Symptoms: tossing and turning when I sleep, peeing all the time, swelling ankles and feet, feeling huge (is that a symptom?), shortness of breath, low energy. this sharp stabby feeling in my crotch when I get up from laying down (doctor says he is laying low and everything is stretching and getting ready. YIKES!
Belly Button in or out? We will say flat-ish now.
Wedding rings on or off? on but they get a little snug at the end of the day or if I walk with my hands down for a long time. 
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy but sooo emotional, I cry at everything and it's really really annoying and this nesting thing is just ridiculous, it makes me moody and grouchy if I can't get things done ASAP. But I have made good progress and Taylor is suuuuper helpful so I'm happy about that.
Looking forward to: My next sono (Janurary 29th). And finishing his nursery, I'm so eager and anxious to get it done. It's coming along nicely. I want his freaking chair to come!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment