Sunday, January 5, 2014

28 weeks

This week was awesome. We started the new year with a bang! We were in bed by 9pm and totally missed/didn't care about the ball drop. This pregnant girl is too tired to stay awake until midnight lately and I'm more excited about the fun things coming up in the new year than the actual night itself.

I still wore my festive boots and did my nails for new years though.
 


Back tracking a bit however, I worked a 16 hour shift on sun-monday morning. I came home and crashed and was worn out from my long weekend at work so tuesday I scheduled myself for a prenatal massage with my giftcard my genius husband gave me for christmas as a reward for working so much extra lately. Holy cow was it amazing, the girl did my sholders, neck, arms, hands, legs and feet while I was on my back propped up under warmed comforters in dim lighting with calming music and then had me turn to my side and did my entire back. It was heaven and I am sad it's so expensive or I would do it all the time. That morning was the fun part though, I had our repeat anatomy sonogram to recheck Henry's spine to make sure it still looked out and to check the rest of his anatomy out as well. He does have a right kidney that is slightly enlarged so we will watch that closely. More importantly though they looked at my placenta, his cord and his growth to make sure the blood is flowing as it should and he is getting what he needs from the placenta. (All of this was a follow up to the scare we had at 16 weeks with open neural tube defects based on our very elevated blood work.) I have an appt wednesday with my doctor to go over the results more in depth and decide how to proceed from here. I will start weekly sonograms called BPPs or Biophysical profiles starting the end of january, sooner if my doctor decides he needs them but based on how the high risk doctor was speaking and how big he is I think they will let the original plan stick for now. I am just happy they are watching him. Erika got to go with me to the sono so that was fun for her to be able to see him again and we got some great pics of his cute little face.
 
I know I am biased but I think he is sooo cute already!
 



Yesterday I went to my grandma's house with my mom and we made Henry's bed skirt, comforter, and a pillow for his chair. I love the way they all turned out.
Cutting the fabric out with the pattern for his crib skirt :)

Mom sewing his skirt.
 

Here is his lamp and pillow. His big glider will go here when it comes in.

His crib, crib skirt and  comforter.

My friend Kent also helped me friday night at work to select and order 3 massive prints of an airplane, car and truck all close up artistic shots to hang above his crib. His crib is on a HUGE wall and I needed something big to take up the space without it looking cluttered and I wanted something white to tie in his white dresser (that I had and am too tired and lazy to refinish) with his brown crib. Then his brown chair will tie in with the crib when it comes in. I feel like we are really making progress with his room and it makes me so happy and excited. I just can't wait until march when I can hold him and sit in there with him. Eeek

Here is my inspiration.
But I don't like how they surrounded all 3 with the white line. We won't be doing that.
 
 

  Here are the pictures we chose. I wanted something artistic and mechanical looking but still recognizable and not babyish so he can grow with it. Car, truck and airplane.
 
Here they are framed. They're huge! I can't wait to hang them over his bed.


This next coming saturday we have our first child birth class and then my first baby shower with family and family friends. I am really excited to be with Taylor and talk about all of this birth stuff together with the experts because while I've seen a bajillion deliveries, I don't see the labor and I've never been through it and I'm starting to get kinda nervous. We will get to pre-register for our hospital stay and get that over with so it's one less thing to worry about when it's go time. I'm all about getting things taken care of and crossed off my to-do list.
Chalboard Time!


How far along? 28 weeks, baby is the size of an eggplant. Tuesday at our growth/anatomy sonogram he weighed in at a whopping 2lbs 14 oz, my app says 15in and 2 lbs 8 oz. So we are way ahead which is fantastic news since we have been worried about his growth.
Total weight gain: Weird I know but I am back down 2 lbs so I am 1 pound less than my pre-pregnancy weight again. My appetite has gone to literally nothing lately, I ate one peice of pizza last night and was too full for ice cream which NEVER happens.
Maternity clothes? yep, got some nursing tank tops and some nursing bras for 70% off at Babie's R Us yesterday which is awesome because that crap is EXPENSIVE. I also got a really nice lounge set to take to the hospital that has a nursing cami, robe and comfy PJ pants.
Sleep: I guess this is third trimester, I can't stop sleeping. I have fallen asleep for 45 minute naps on the couch 2 separate times today, once about 1 hour after I woke up and once at my in-laws watching TV. ZOMBIE!!
Best moment this week: Seeing little man and knowing he is big and healthy. My prenatal massage!
Miss Anything? having normal emotional responses to things ugh.
Movement: He has been rolling all over and it's crazy to watch my stomach move but I LOVE IT!!!
Food cravings: baked potatoes, oreos, broccoli cheese chicken casserole.
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope
Gender: A boy 
Symptoms: Back pain, tossing and turning when I sleep, swelling ankles and feet, feeling huge (is that a symptom?) 
Belly Button in or out? we will say flat now.
Wedding rings on or off? on but they get a little snug at the end of the day.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy but sooo emotional, I cry at everything and it's really really annoying.
Looking forward to: My Shower!! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment