Saturday, November 21, 2015

23 weeks


How far along? 23 weeks, baby is the size of an eggplant still (my app is lazy and says this for weeks 22-24)
Total weight gain: 10lbs
Maternity clothes? I found a cute navy dress for Taylor's company christmas party and now I'm just tryin to decide what to wear for our family pics on dec 12th. I am dying to get them done and see how they turn out. We are using a friend and sorority sister of mine and she does fantastic work. These will be my maternity pics and our new year card pics too (I won't have time to get them out for christmas so we will be the stragglers of the group and wish everyone a happy new year). I figure at 27 weeks my bump is big enough to get the idea, I won't feel massive yet and we can try to avoid the whole snow thing without snow attire like last maternity pics.
Sleep: Just more charlie horses, other than that I sleep hard and as often as possible.
Best moment this week: Painting Eleanor's room, putting the crib together and getting things rolling for her! It's feeling real now.
Miss Anything? Sleeping on my stomach. Wine.
Movement: Girlfriend is breech still and she's giving nice strong swift kicks to my bladder on the regular now-a-days. Makes me really work not to pee my pants sometimes, which I have yet to do. Praise Jesus. I hope she flips soon, I can handle a moving head on my bladder, the kicking, not so much.
Food cravings: Nothing crazy really. Cereal has still sounded good.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing :)
Gender: GIRL
Symptoms: Just going to the bathroom a lot and sciatic nerve pain occasionally and now the charlie horses. I also have had tingling in my hands and arms while I sleep if I lay on them too long and some good strong round ligament pain. Good times. But honestly, I have no complaints. It comes with the territory and I am blessed to be feeling pregnant thanks to this little miracle girl in there.
Belly Button in or out? in but more shallow, Henry likes to poke it when I ask where baby is.
Wedding rings on or off? on. :)
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy to be getting things done this week, a little stressed out trying to balance everything I have to get done and when to actually do it. I've really needed Taylor's help to handle Henry's craziness along with my to do list but he has stepped up, as always, and been an amazing daddy and husband and has helped me make it all happen.
Looking forward to:
Shopping with my mom tomorrow and getting stuff knocked off my christmas list. I have already purchased quite a few things but I still have lots to do and get done before the holidays come and with me working weekends I need to take advantage of having this one off for once. I'm also looking forward to working on Eleanor's room some more and getting more ready for her.

Last sunday my mom came over and she and I painted Eleanor's room a beautiful shade of lavender that we picked out (really my mother in law picked it and it's perfect).


Taylor got our garage cleaned out so that we can both park our cars in there for the cold winter and he did alot of organization projects I know he is excited about. Most things have a place now, which is always refreshing. He is planning on painting it a medium color gray so it just looks a little nicer in there and we had the sherwood center come pick up an old couch that has been in there forever, some bags of clothes we haven't worn in a long time and our old mattress and box spring. Decluttering is AWESOME. I also went through our pantry and threw away anything that was old, expired, we wouldn't eat etc. I reorganized all of my containers, relabeled all of the chalk labels and consolidated stuff like half eaten boxes of pasta and chocolate chips etc. I scrubbed the shelves and the floor and made it look so clean and new again.
Before (I can't believe I am even posting this, how embarrassing)
After....let's just say, I love nesting.




Wednesday night I picked up half a shift but before I went in we put together Eleanor's crib. It's stark white and beautiful and just girly enough. I found a white crib skirt (not easy to do, I found) at Ikea. Along with some fitted crib sheets for Henry to take to Kid's day out for nap, a toddler pillow and toddler duvet with cute lime and white and navy striped covers to match his room and keep him warm this winter and some fun christmas gifts. God Bless Ikea and their amazing prices.
 We also switched Henry and Eleanor's dressers. The two brown ones below have been in our guest room because they matched that bed. Now that there is no room in our new guest room for these we decided to give them to Henry to match his brown crib and give his white dresser to Eleanor to match hers.

 Here is Henry enjoying his new pillow and comforter on the floor in the living room.

I got Eleanor's crib mattress, changing pad (since Henry still uses his), sound machine, a few frames for her gallery wall and made an alphabet pic to frame, some orchids for a vase to go on her table and by her sink and some recieving blankets today. I hate spending all that money at once but it was pay day and it's so nice to knock all that stuff off my list. I also found her this beautiful outfit with bonnet and booties to come home from the hospital in as well as curtains for her room. Score! I feel like I'm really making progress at this point and that feels good. I'll admit I was a little overwhelmed this past week with my to do lists with christmas and thanksgiving and baby all at once.
 I need to wash her sheet, can ya tell it had been in the packaging for awhile?


Otherwise I just spent lots of time enjoying my boy.





No comments:

Post a Comment