Monday, July 7, 2014

The 4th of July!

Yay! Henry's second big holiday! In celebration we had to wear some festive outfits this week.
Day 1:
 Day 2:
 Day 3:
 He was worn out!
 Day 4:
 My Aunt Nancy took this one, this is the outfit she and my Uncle Bill and cousins gave us. So cute! The socks slay me (they have little puppy dogs on them).

We had a crazy week. Wednesday we went to my grandmother's house and had dinner with my family that came into town. 
  A little festive firecracker nail job.
This is in the library at my grandmother's. One of my favorite rooms and now where I nurse Henry while I am there. 

This is the english garden. 

And Archie, my Aunt and Uncle's dog. 

My grandmother is 95 and her hands have seen and done so much, it's amazing to see her holding Henry's little foot. She's obsessed with him. 

Thursday I had to work so we didn't do much.

 Friday I had to work as well so I got up early and we went to my cousin Rachel's house for an amazing dinner.

We had burgers, salad, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, artichoke dip, watermelon and a dessert of ice cream with festive red, white and blue dessert kabobs that my mom made.


I was sad to leave my boy for the holiday and second night in a row but oh well. 

I watched fireworks from the 5th floor of the hospital out of the surgical suite window in the dark. It's pretty cool because you can see for miles and see lots of different displays. 

Saturday I slept for a little bit while Taylor and Henry went to his parent's house for a bit. Then we went back to my grandmother's one last time before all my family went back home. It's so much fun being over there. It has so many memories. I grew up going for dinner every sunday with my dad and siblings. It's just an oasis for me. 9 acres hidden away from the rest of the world filled with gardens and lily pools. 








Sunday we had a lazy day, slept in and even took a nap as a family, went to a relaxing dinner and to the grocery store for the week, cleaned up the house, did laundry and worked out a budget for the next three months. I'd say it was a pretty good week and a fun fourth! 



No comments:

Post a Comment