Thursday, February 27, 2014

Hospital Bag!

Alright friends so every pregnant momma has a hospital bag checklist in their brain toward the end of their pregnancy. Things you are considering taking at least. I've been thinking about it maybe a little earlier than some after they made us "high risk" which we don't really seem to be that high risk anymore. Baby is growing almost ahead of schedule so far and he seems to be doing great but being a NICU nurse I always think about pre-term labor/birth so it's been in my mind alot. I have been scouring pinterest for other people's lists and trying to see what I think I will need. The list I have made consists of this.

Momma's bag-( just my medium size vera bradley weekender duffle bag)
  • my own pillow (hospital ones are gross to me and they are not comfy).
  • a comfy outfit to go home in- probably leggings and a shirt of some sort.
  • some inexpensive black (for obvious reasons) boy short underwear that I don't mind getting ruined if it happens.
  • a few nursing bras.
  • a few comfy sleep bras -just in case the nursing ones aren't as comfortable to sleep in.
  • a few nursing cami's.
  • some nursing pads
  • a few pairs of lounge pants.
  • maybe a maternity t-shirt or two.
  • my two maternity PJ sets I got.- One is pants, nursing cami and robe set, the other is a sleep dress and robe set.
  • a zip up sweatshirt- (in case I get cold) to go over nursing cami's during the day when visitors come, I'd like to look a little more put together.
  • my makeup- yes I want to at least look okay if I feel like crap, there will be lots of pictures and visitors so sue me.
  • my hair dryer- same as above.
  • toiletries (I packed shampoo, conditioner, body wash, a new small loofa, face wash, tooth paste and tooth brush, chapstick).
  • hard candies- to suck on in labor when I'm NPO (nothing by mouth).
  • soft fuzzy socks with grippy bottoms.
  • flip flops- for the shower.
  • a few walmart sacks-for dirty clothing.
  • Insurance card
  • photo ID
Baby' stuff (which will all go in my bag)
  • a going home outfit or two (so I can change my mind).
  • a few pairs of scratch mittens and socks.
  • a cute hat or two
  • car seat.
  • a blanket to go over him in his carseat.
Daddy's bag (Taylor's backpack)
  • snacks, yes this is first important for him (things like red bull, gatorade, granola bars, snack mix bags, a few small bags of chips, candy).
  • a few pairs of lounge pants.
  • a few t-shirts.
  • a few pairs of underwear.
  • a sweatshirt.
  • some socks.
  • some jeans and some shirts for going home or daytime wear.
  • a toiletry bag (I packed him shampoo, conditioner, face wash, disposable razor, toothbrush/paste) Just in case he decides to shower at the hospital and not go home.
  • flip flops to wear around and take off easily.
  • pillow and blanket for his poor sleep chair.
Tech bag (just my camera bag)
  • Camera.
  • extra memory card.
  • Battery charger.
  • video camera- no I will not video tape the birth, just maybe little snippets of his first days and visitors.
  • cell phones.
  • cell phone chargers.
  • maybe our laptop and charger in case taylor gets bored.
If you have any other things you brought that you thought were good, let me know! But for now I will stick to this list. I have everything laid out on our guest bed so I can visualize it all and can just throw it in a bag when it's go time.

No comments:

Post a Comment