Monday, February 10, 2014

33 weeks

Sunday was a great way to start off the week. We got to celebrate Henry again with my work baby shower! We had a joint shower with me and my good friend Lisa. 


We started at KU the same day and went through our 12 week orientation together, then we figured out we have the same birthday, we were both engaged when we started. Both bought our first house last year and now we are due 2 days apart. Yes 2 days! Crazy. and both having little boys. So our work friends threw us a shower together. It was amazing! Our friend Josie (who also started the same day as us) and our nurse's aid kent threw the shower.
 The 4 pregnant girls at work, Shannon, Lisa, Me and Kristen! Love Pregnant friends.



The decorations and food were amazing and we both were showered with wonderful gifts!

 The table was so cute. It was a football field with football shaped cocoa krispie treats and snacks.
 Kent made popcorn and cotton candy in these cute mini machines.
 The table again.
 Fun flavored pops with straws

 The boys names on pennants on the door with the jerseys that have their due date and last name.
 The three of us girls that started the same day! We've gotten so close and now we all get to be mommas together :)
 Kent made a concession stand with hot dogs, soft pretzels with cheese and nachos.
Look at the nacho cheese glistening in the sun. What an amazing site for a pregnant woman who has craved pretzels and cheese the entire time. MMMMMmmmm (yes this is a chocolate fountain)

I got my baby bathtub FULL of wonderful necessities. Bottles, bottle nipples (for when I go back to work and Taylor has to feed him), a bottle cleaning brush, baby spoons, bowls, pacifiers, baby mittens so he doesn't scratch himself, wash clothes, hooded towels, shampoo, conditioner, diaper ointment. I also got lots of clothes, books, bath toys, my diaper genie and refills, a stuffed polar bear that is full of beans you can microwave to be warm to snuggle.

I'm finally feeling more ready for him to be here. All we need is his carseat and stroller combo (which is on sale right now woot woot!) and a baby monitor and then the rest is just stuff we would like, we can get by with what we have :) Yay baby Henry is on his way!!!


This week I did all of his laundry. I washed EVERYTHING for him. Clothing, hats, bibs, socks, crib sheets, changing pad covers, etc. His whole room smells so good. I washed it all in dreft baby detergent and I can't get enough of the smell, I could just sit in there forever, alot longer IF HIS FREAKING CHAIR WOULD COME IN! I am getting impatient for that thing! His closet looked so empty again after I pulled everything off the hangers and clipped tags and washed it. All that was left was his clothing dividers.


Be still my heart. I LOVE baby socks. These are so tiny and so cute. I couldn't stop staring at them.

I'm still working on his room. I picked up this amazing vintage sign the other day for $10, the brown and navy fit perfectly in his room, just have to decide where to hang it.


I got this clock too, I wanted a clock in his room and I was thinking something vintage looking but was originally thinking something more like old pocketwatch look and found this. I have the recipt taped to the back just in case I find something better. I kind of think the green is the wrong green but I like the splash of color. And again, this is not where things will be all said and done. When I find everything I want to put on the board I will rearrange it the way I like it. Thus the beauty of the peg board, you can move things whenever you want.

And last but not least here is the invitation to my final shower for friends. I am obsessed with it! Soooo cute!! I can't wait.


Next week we have our maternity pictures which I am excited about....I think. I hope they turn out ok.

Chalkboard time!

Maternity zip up hoodie and leggings, yes I do think so..,




How far along? 33 weeks, baby is the size of a durian fruit, Average size is between 4.2 and 5.8lbs. I'm gonna go with the 5.8lb guess since he was 4.14 last week. I know he is getting big though because I can't bend anywhere but my hips anymore because he is in the way. :)
Total weight gain: Haven't gained any this week, still teeter tottering between 6-7lbs over pre-pregnancy weight.
Maternity clothes? I'm not buying anything else maternity. Just settling for what I've got :)
Sleep: Horrible, I have to sleep on my sides (I've never been a side sleeper, always back or tummy) and my hips are killing me! I was awake from 10pm until 1:30am the other night just tossing and turning until I finally broke down and took a tylenol pm to take the edge off.
Best moment this week: My work baby shower.
Miss Anything? being able to move like a normal person.
Movement: the kid is STRONG. I have said "ouch" out loud a few times now and he has been helping to keep me awake at night sometimes.
Food cravings: Orange juice like usual although I think we are gonna have to put a stop to that because I'm starting to get acid reflux when I drink it. Comfort food.
Symptoms: tossing and turning when I sleep, peeing all the time, swelling ankles and feet, feeling huge (is that a symptom?), shortness of breath, low energy. this sharp stabby feeling in my crotch when I get up from laying down (doctor says he is laying low and everything is stretching and getting ready. YIKES! and sore hips.
Belly Button in or out? We will say flat-ish now.
Wedding rings on or off? still on but they get a little snug at the end of the day or if I walk with my hands down for a long time. 
Happy or Moody most of the time: eh both.
Looking forward to: I want his freaking chair to come!!!!! his room is just about finished except for that. Annoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment