Sunday, September 15, 2013

Nursery Ideas

Those of you who know me personally know I am a craft FREAK! I don't know how this started honestly but I remember coloring, using paint, glitter and glue, etc from a very early age. At one point or another I have been into cross-stich, knitting, sewing, drawing, painting, making recycled paper, weaving on a loom, ceramics, jewelry making etc. A lot of those things were in school art classes (which I tried to pack my schedule with during middle and high school.) So you can only imagine how my mind has been spinning with ideas for our baby's nursery for the longest time, way before we were pregnant, way before we were married. And now that we have this big house with a big bedroom and bathroom, I have a blank canvas ready for my art that will become our baby's room.
Here are some pictures I have pulled from pinterest that I love already.

GIRLS: Something soft and sweet and not obsessively pink but still very girly

I love the soft teal walls, the pink accents and the white chandelier and crib. LOVE LOVE LOVE the monogram instead of the name on the wall.

Love the girly mirror and the dresser we have is similar to this one without the embellishments, no black though

Again love the soft blue, white and pink.


 
Boys: Probably something vintage with cars, airplanes and trains
Love the lime green with the navy color combo and the bold prints.

 I like this too but not the words. or at least those words.


Love the navy, the planes hanging and the vintage bedding.

Love the vintage look and feel of this and could probably paint it pretty easily.
 
Stay tuned, I will post some sneak peak pics as we start working on things but have to find out what we are having first!

No comments:

Post a Comment