Saturday, September 21, 2013

13 weeks

Disclamimer: This is getting a little bit skewed lately, I am a busy girl and I am tired so  the weekly posts are posted at the END of each week. I turn a new "week" of pregnancy on every Friday and I post these during the weekend to sum up that week. For example, I am 14 weeks pregnant today but this entire  past week was my 13th week so I sum it up at the end. Just so we cleared that up :)

Lets get right down to the nitty gritty shall we? I did nothing exciting this week, just worked and got sick and worked some more. Yes I still have morning all day sickness. I know, I know, broken record. BORING!!! I was told it would start to go away during my second trimester, which I am now in! Hurray! But alas, I am still sick, lately more constant nausea than actual vomiting, but none the less, sick. Whatevs, no big deal, moving on.
I had a good friend ask me how I was doing the other day and my response was something like  "still getting sick, but it's been so worth it and I'm just feeling lucky. It's hard to not just feel thankful each time it happens." Her response was something like " you are human, it's ok to not love the side effects! Don't feel like you have to smile through it, it's rough! You can complain a bit, it's ok".
 I know what I said to her sounds so stupid, who feels thankful each time they throw up? That is the dumbest thing I personally have ever heard! I can't believe it came out of my mouth. But honestly I do feel thankful each time. I know I am getting lots of eye rolls, go ahead, roll away, it sounds so stupid. I know I am human, I know it's ok to not feel good but I choose to smile through it.

She is right, pregnancy can be really rough, and some pregnancies rougher than others.
But I also know how it feels to listen to people who are pregnant constantly whine about everything involved. "Oh this sucks so much. I feel like crap. This is miserable. I hate the way I feel. This baby has ruined my body. I feel so fat/ugly/gross etc. My nose is big. I have horrible stretch marks. My body will never be the same. I don't like how big my boobs are. This child is sucking the life out of me. I hate being pregnant!" I have personally heard all of these comments multiple times from pregnant women, we all have. And after all, I basically work in a baby factory, there are a lot of pregnant women running around. Not everyone has a fantastic symptom-free lovely miracle of life pregnancy and yes it changes your body and your life immensely. And some of the side effects suck! Throwing up sucks! Feeling like you are going to throw up sucks!  But, to hear all of those complaints about something you want so bad, well,  it just breaks your heart to hear people sound so ungrateful for something you would give anything in the world to experience. I know most of those women were still excited about their pregnancies and babies and it was just a heat of the moment, "I don't feel good" comment. We all go through those and it's totally ok. But I guess I just try to be more careful about what I say, because you never know who is listening, who is silently struggling with something, who would give anything to have their head in the toilet all day long with "morning" sickness like me. Because I was that girl. So while yes, I admit I hate throwing up all day long and that I still cry almost every time it happens even after 10.5weeks of it. I am still thankful that it is happening, that I have a reason for it to happen. That there is a baby in my stomach that is growing and changing me for the better inside and out and that baby is causing it to happen. That there is some kind of physical sign to remind me that yes, I am still having symptoms of a healthy pregnancy with strong enough hormones to cause me to get sick. To remind me that I am pregnant, because before my stomach started to swell it was hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that God was actually giving me a real chance to be a mother. That he made a baby inside me and that it's healthy and growing. Now I can see my belly change and grow, it's easier to be reminded what is happening but before that, it was very surreal and hard to believe. I kept taking pregnancy tests a few weeks after that first one and even after some ultrasounds just to be able to see real evidence for myself. Make fun all you want, roll eyes all you please but yes I am thankful I am throwing up and while it wouldn't be the most preferable way to spend my day or pregnancy, I am ok with it because it means that I am pregnant and that is what is important to me. I told God a long time ago that I didn't care what I had to do to get this baby as long as I got the chance to have one and I stand by that. So I choose to smile through it.

Cravings!




Here is this week's stats and chalkboard.




How far along? 13 weeks, baby is the size of a peach
Total weight gain: 15 lbs lost so far. Gained back 2 lbs this week. I saw on one of my pregnancy apps that by next week my uterus will weigh about 8 lbs. WHAT?!?! HOW?!?

Maternity clothes? I did buy a few shirts on sale from Gap maternity this week and some from target just to stock up a little bit. I can still fit into all my old stuff, some days jeans fit better than others but it can't hurt to plan ahead.
Sleep: Sleeping pretty well.
Best moment this week: Having the weather cool down.
Miss Anything? Not really this week, I'm doin good.
Movement: I can't feel anything yet but I am sure the baby is moving and grooving still.
Food cravings: Iced coffee (decaf) and honeycrisp apples with caramel dip, popcorn, salads.
Anything making you queasy or sick: meat and the smell or look of it.
Gender: We will find out October 19th.
Symptoms: sick, weird dreams, stomach getting bigger.
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: The weather staying cool, My belly to get bigger and finding out what we are having.

No comments:

Post a Comment