Saturday, September 14, 2013

12 weeks

Ok so technically I am 13 weeks and 1 day pregnant at this point, I was slackin this week on the chalkboard and bump pic. Sorry! There are way more fun things to do like oh I don't know, decorate for Fall and Halloween and go garage saling for baby schtuff and ya know, work! Taylor and I have been on opposite schedules all week it seems and my usual "bump photographer" was absent when I was needing pics!

Today my mom and I went to a neighborhood garage sale and found some great things, a pack n' play for $20, 4 great swaddle blankets (1 of the aden and anais super expensive ones) for $0.25, a changing pad for $2, and some other fun goodies. It was great to be with my momma and great to find some good deals. Taylor should be home any minute from work and then we are just gonna hang out the rest of the weekend, which I am very pumped about!





Here are all the fantastic treats. I think I figured out that all this stuff (which includes the bumbo w/ tray and the play mat with sides that I bought from a friend last week) adds up to $370 retail and I spent $50. Pretty good! (the boppy pillow I got for free from a breastfeeding awareness month give away)






I'll stop babbling and get to the good stuff. Here are pics and stats from this week.



 I do believe ladies and gents that I am starting to have a baby bump, that is not just belly, that's baby pushing pre-existing belly out more....BUT....it's firm so I think it counts now?
How far along? 12 weeks, baby is the size of a plum
Total weight gain: Lost 2 more pounds, down 17 total. Put your judging glances away, I have been trying to pack in protein and carbs and calories for weeks now, the one time in my life that I am not trying to lose weight and someone is watching me like a hawk (my OB) is the time it falls off....real cool. But hey, if I walk out of this experience with a healthy babe in my arms and 30 lbs lighter than pre-pregnancy weight, I might be cool with that too. And my husband says...."babe, if you feel up to eating (because all statements about food start with this lately) lets have pizza and ice cream tonight for dinner we gotta pack on the calories" (he would like to mean for both of us I think lol) which is
always fun to hear (....if Pizza and ice cream sound stomachable that day) and even better "babe, don't lose too much, you don't have very much to lose anyway, don't get too skinny" record skip,.... say what?! Thanks babe, a million brownie points goes to you, I can hear the slot machine noises as we speak in my head for that comment.
Maternity clothes? Nope, not yet, might start looking at sale stuff and browsing in stores though, I have a funny feeling I will be one of those pregnant women that wakes up one morning and just has "popped" and when I "pop" I'm going to be crying in my closet on the floor "gahhh I have NOTHING to wear" only this time I will mean it. Good thing I love my closet.  
Sleep: Still sleeping like a rock. Weird weird dreams though. Dreamt today that velocoraptors were taking over down town Kansas city and causing mass chaos and death and it was all because of a crystal light factory explosion and they were exposed to the drink crystals, you know because velocoraptors are very sensitive to these things.....WHAT THE HECK IS THAT!?!?!
Best moment this week: Seeing the baby again on ultrasound and watching it act just like me...ornery and stubborn. Oh lord, I have my work cut out for me and my parents ARE GOING TO LOVE WATCHING IT ALL PLAY OUT. In fact, I quote my step dad's text the other day. It said " You need a door slamming, foot stomping, "you don't have any authority over me" cute, precious little girl! Just like we have :)" GREEEAATTT
Miss Anything? having an appetite, my husband. We just haven't seen much of each other this week.
Movement: Well, it's moving and groovin as we saw on our ultrasound. As the tech said "this baby is having a house party in there and you just get to feel the hang over". Truer words have never been spoken. Ha!
Food cravings: Taco Bell's cheesy gordita crunch, ice coffee (decaf of course) and pumpkin anything! Fall is my favorite, in case anyone that has ever met me missed the memo.
Anything making you queasy or sick: EVERYTHING, but especially the meat aisle at the grocery store, well actually the entire grocery store because of the meat aisle, and maybe the parking lot too.  And any raw meat in general, looking at it, smelling it, touching it. Nope.
Gender: Can't wait to find out, I am dying!!
Symptoms: sick, weird dreams, crying at everything (all happy or good things, nothing sad this week)
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on.
Happy or Moody most of the time: So very happy, waaaay emotional this week though. Crying at everything. Facebook posts congratulating us, private messages, kind words in public, hugs from friends, the cheerios commercial where she puts the cheerios all over her dad's chest because it's good for his heart...yeah lost it. Just keeping a box of Kleenex around non-stop these days. I was a sap before all this, now I am just a hot mess.
Looking forward to: My belly to get bigger (I know I will regret this statement in 20 weeks but whatevs) and finding out what we are having.

No comments:

Post a Comment