Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The new year!

I know I'm about, oh, 14 days late with this but Happy New Year one and all!
I know the new year brings mixed emotions for alot of people, many can't wait for the previous year to be over and start new and many people had a great year and are sad for it to end. Then there are people like myself who are indifferent. 2014 was AMAZING! Taylor and I became parents


Figuring out parenthood has made this year FLY by so fast. I can't believe Henry is trying to walk and eating solid foods and I'm planning his first birthday. It's so weird. Just yesterday he was teeny tiny in my arms and now I find myself thinking how heavy he is when I'm hauling him around and how much he is wearing me out but chasing him around the house. 

I can't imagine 2015 bringing such a huge life shift as becoming first time parents but you just never know what can happen. I pray for only good things in the future of course. I'm definitely not trying to see what life can throw at us. Trust me,  it's been exhausting and sometimes really overwhelming and stressful, but more than anything it's been so much fun and has brought so much joy and love to our life. Taylor and I have become closer than ever, maybe a little more "laugh to keep from crying" moments in there as we navigate the new parent thing together than brady bunch moments, but either way it's been so fun with him by my side. I guess more than anything our family of three really has made me realize what life is all about this year.

That being said, I don't really have resolutions this year outside of try my hardest to be the best mommy and wife that my two boys deserve, stop cussing as much (my kid is learning to talk over here) and try to chill out and relax a little more. I feel like those are attainable goals so we will see what happens from here. Happy New Year everyone I hope 2015 is as wonderful as it can be for you and your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment