Friday, January 9, 2015

Taylor's Christmas Gift

For Christmas I wanted to get Taylor something unique. He always needs socks and shirts for work and probably new shoes etc but I wanted to get him something fun and special that he didn't really ask for. I like to be creative with my gifts and as I was cruising around on the internet one night in October I found this deal to tour Arrowhead Stadium, home of the Kansas City Chiefs! Taylor is a die hard Chief's fan and I knew he would love the opportunity to tour the stadium. Our tour was self guided, which was awesome so we could take our time and explore a little bit. We got to walk through the concourses, through the Hall of Honor, down into the locker room, press conference room and onto the field itself. Such a neat experience!
 He looks grouchy, I promise he was not.....See VVV kid in a candy store!

 The concourse looks so weird empty.





 I think I prefer it with 70,000 crazy fans.




 Taylor with the Super Bowl trophy.
 and me!
 Clark Hunt's personal collection of championship rings.

 Trent Green's Cleats.

Helmets through the years...really cool display. 


 The secret elevator to the locker rooms.
The doors to the tunnel to the field. 
 The locker room!
 It was not at all how I pictured it. These are the original lockers from the 60's when Arrowhead was built. They are too nostalgic to replace.
 More locker room.




 Taylor's big ole head wouldn't fit into a helmet. Ha!








 The tour guide told us they had the tarp down to cover the grass and protect it from the elements and not to walk on it...naturally my husband tap, tap, tapped his toes onto the grass anyway. When in Rome I suppose.

The tunnel to the field. 
 Press Conference room.

So uhh... Coach Smith, why'd you go for the 2 pt conversion?

 Special passes :)



I highly encourage anyone to do this tour, not expensive and so fun for any Chief's fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment