Friday, January 9, 2015

 Christmas Bucket list update:
Let's see how we did this year. What we did I highlighted in red and put the link to the matching post in green.

-Crown Center to see the Mayor's Christmas tree, lights and Santa!!!! We used to go to Crown Center to see Santa every year growing up because my mom used to work at Hallmark. Just fond memories there. We always have lunch there, grab some fudge after we watch them make it at Chip's, share a limeade maybe from Topsy's, walk through Halls, go to the toy store, the nature store and the Christmas ornament store, see the EBM laughing santa and gingerbread village. Take pictures outside on the big wooden toys and such. I just can't wait to share it with Henry.
- Drive around the Plaza and see the lights, maybe a carriage ride if we can get a date night without Henry. I've always wanted to do that and just never have.
- Drive around with hot chocolate or a peppermint mocha and look at Christmas lights with Henry. He loves all kinds of lights anyway so it should be a hit.
- Make salt dough ornaments of Henry's hands and feet.
- Christmas baking day with my mom and sister.
- Go to the Christmas tree farm and pick out our tree and decorate it.
- Decorate my house for Christmas.
- Christmas shopping with peppermint mocha in hand.
- Read Christmas stories to Henry each night before bed. (this one I kind of did, I read a few to him, not every night though)
- Get some cute Christmas Jammies for Henry for Christmas eve.
- Make a few cute ornaments that have been sitting in my Pinterest board for oh, I don't know, a few years now.
- Go to my grandmother's annual Christmas party.
-Go to the nutcracker (I found out this is sold out already, I'm bummed).
-I want to paint a mug, cookie platter and reindeer carrot bowl set at a pottery place that is customized to our family to keep using year after year to leave our treats for Santa on.
- Have a wrapping present party.
- Play secret Santa at work.
-Send out our super cute Christmas cards and hang all the ones we receive.
- Watch our favorite Christmas movies and share them with those who have no idea what they are missing, my second copies of White Christmas and Christmas Vacation are already on circulate at work. Bing Crosby in drag singing a Rosemary Clooney song and Chevy Chase flipping out are two life changing moments that all should have the joy of witnessing.
- Find as many ridiculously cute Christmas outfits for the nugget as I can get my hands on. I'm planning on several days of holiday old man cute in a row toward the big day itself.
- Spread some kindness and holiday cheer to others.
- Make a donation to a charity

19/21, not to shabby I'd say!  I'm proud of myself for getting as much of these fun things done as we did. Thankful for a husband who puts up with all my holiday cheer and even more excited to continue to do some of these things in years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment