Friday, November 28, 2014

Henry does Thanksgiving

I'm so thankful
 
I did a post once when I was pregnant with Henry called "grateful". You can find that HERE.
It talked about how I am grateful for everything we had to go through to get our sweet little turkey because in the end it all worked out. This year my post is thankful. 
 
thank·ful
adjective \ˈthaŋk-fəl\
: glad that something has happened or not happened, that something or someone exists, etc.
: of, relating to, or expressing thanks
 

 Grateful and Thankful are essentially the same thing. And either way you look at it, that's what I am. My life has had many hardships just like most people, but I have been abundantly blessed in this life as well and I don't forget to thank God.

 I have a son who is the best thing to happen to me short of his father. He lights up everyday and makes life so much more fun. The little turkey is my obsession and it's hard to believe last year I felt him kicking me as I downed as much food as could fit into my elastic waist pants, on account of the fact I had just gotten over being "morning" sick.


  I have an incredible husband who loves me even when I bark at him to help me get all 3 of us and the dog ready to go somewhere. He puts up with my crazy antics and quirks and at the end of the day he never forgets to tell me I'm pretty or how much he loves and/or misses me. He is an incredible father to our son and I couldn't be more thankful for how wonderfully and seamlessly he has slipped into the husband/father roles. The dude was born for it I tell you.




 I have incredible family all around who are so supportive and loving and offer so many wonderful things to my life. I have a roof over my head, a job that I love, food on my table and clothes on my back. I've even got a dog that annoys me to no end sometimes but doesn't hesitate to snuggle at the end of the day no matter how much she gets in trouble with me. I'd say my life is pretty full and tonight so is my belly.





We went to Taylor's parent's house this morning and had lunch with them. Henry got to have his own mini-thanksgiving with sweet potatoe, mashed potatoe, green beans, roll and of course milk. No sugar or lots of salt yet and he doesn't have enough teeth for meat yet so we will wait until next year for all of that. He loved sitting at the table like a big boy with us and getting to hang out with G & G Smith. I took a nap after lunch because I had to work that night which was okay too because it's holiday pay. Holla for the dolla bills y'all! . Then we went to my parents house. Ding Ding! Round 2! Except this time we didn't really eat. Just had dessert. Which my sister made. An incredible apple pie. Seriously probably the best one I have ever had in my life and I've had some good pies. We got to spend time with more family and just be together and for me that is enough. It was a great day indeed. Can't wait for next year's feast(s) already!

No comments:

Post a Comment