Thursday, November 13, 2014

Bachelorette Party for the Bestie

My best friend since 7th grade, Katie, is getting married!! Yay!! She said yes, she's set a date and we took a weekend to celebrate. That's the cheesy wording that I sort of used in her bachelorette party weekend invitation. Here is the outside of it. Her favorite colors are yellow and pink.
 
And the inside. 

She isn't getting married until March but she loves fall (like me) and she wanted a fall weekend get away to Weston, MO. It's a cute little old rustic town just about an hour from where we live and they have a great little main street full of cute shops and boutiques that we just had to explore. There was an irish themed store with a little shetland pony (real) that was in his little stable taking a rest from the cold pasture. This store also sold irish coffee for $1. So fun.
 There was a guy giving carriage rides with these gorgeous massive horses for $6. I wish we had more time!
 Cute little main street.
 The old buildings were adorable.
Father Christmas was walking around and of course we had to get pictures with him. Katie and I are both Christmas FREAKS!

  We hit up the town first and shopped for a bit, stopped and got some spiked hot chocolate and a snack and then kept shopping until it was time to go get checked in at the hotel. This was mine, Double hot chocolate vodka, a sprig of mint and a cinnamon stick. Just what the doctor father christmas I ordered.
 Kate using a fur collar for a hat.

  We then went back to the hotel for the lingerie shower. I got us a suite since 4 of us were staying the night and I turned that puppy into a lingerie shower in 10 minutes flat. I even remembered to bring command hooks to hang my tassel garland I made and the "panty life line, clothes line" I made on to the walls. They really do come off clean. I will show you how much fun we had and what we did and I will splash in a few tutorials for the details I did.
 We had gifts, pink champagne, fresh fruit, delicious cupcakes and thank you gifts all on the table. I served the forks and fun straws out of wine glasses with ribbon tied to the stems. My bowl is from Ikea ($2.49, yes for that big glass fruit bowl) and my cupcake plate was a wedding gift but a must have if you throw many get togethers. I use it for everything. The champagne was in plastic champagne glasses.

First tutorial: Tissue Paper Tassel Garland
These are fantastic for any occasion. Take regular old tissue paper sheets and fold them in half long ways. Make cuts about an inch apart all down the open side (not the folded edge). 
Open your tissue sheet and it should look like this.... ignore the baby toys in the background. 
 Roll from one end up the length of the tissue so your fringed strips start to collect on either side.
 Secure with tape in the center so it stays rolled up and fold over whatever string you are going to hang it from and tape again. I used regular old clear scotch tape for the center and then pretty gold washi tape to wrap around it once I hung it over the line (which I used matching tulle that I bought on a roll at the lobby).

 Alternate your colors if you wish or do all of the same. Either way it's cute! I splashed in some glitter cardstock bra and underwear shapes I cut out of the leftovers from her invites.



These are the thank you gifts. They were wine glasses filled with Nail stuff (and chocolate) to "Cheers Katie getting Nailed" Nail is going to be her new last name. See what I did there?

The cupcakes were amazing and were all from Hy-Vee!! Triple choclate decadence, peanut butter cup, fun-fetti and raspberry indulgence. I put the little "engagement" rings in them.



The panty life line- clothes line. 

 Next is this panty life line. There is a poem I found on pinterest that was absolutely adorable that I had to use and I went to Victoria's secret and got the coordinating underwear for each "stage of life" if you will. Sorry I'm showing your new unders Katie. Don't be mad. I strung the matching tulle ribbon from the tissue paper garland across the opening and had little tiny clothes pins (from walmart) to hold up each pair of unders and the coordinating portion of the poem. The poem goes like this if you want to reuse. I made the indicating matching underwear clue bold and that's how I chose the pair that I did to go with it. I just read the first two parts before I pointed out the matching pairs as I went.

Katie, these undies are to last you
all throughout your life
and Andy will be pleased to say
He has a sexy wife!

So listen up to hear about
Your lifelong panty plan
These underwear, we have no doubt
Will last your whole lifespan

The first are for your wedding day
Of course they are pure white
We know Andy will shout "Hurray!"
When he sees you on that night

The next are for your honeymoon
They're sexy and all lace
We hope you'll leave your hotel room
Because wherever you're going is sure to be a gorgeous place

On Valentine's you'll wear this pair
Before you hit the bed
Cuz Cupid's arrow in the air
Shoots tushies that are red

After a year has passed you'll face
Anniversary number one
With these you'll surely have a blast
'Cuz leopard's so much fun!

Then when the time is right for you
and don't be sayin' "maybe"
You'll wear a little pink or blue 
In honor of your baby

And when your years of wedded bliss
Become the big 2-5
Don't worry
You'll just slip these on to keep the sparks alive

When finally you're old and gray
With these you can't go wrong
'Cuz sorry, Katie, but at that age
you just can't wear a thong!

It turned out super cute I thought! And if you will notice the "baby pair" are blue with "pink" written on them and the "sparks" pair have sparkles on the top lace.
The gorgeous guests

 Opening gifts.


After the shower we went to dinner at this nice resteraunt in an old house built in 1842. We swore it was haunted and the waitress hinted at a confirmation. eek. After that we went to this old brewery that opened in the 1800's as well. They turned the old storage cellars (60ft below ground) into a bar. It was so cool! They had hard root beer and a live Irish band that was amazing! 


 The old tunnel to get down to one of the levels of the bar.
 It was just full of smokers though, I guess that's legal there still. Unfortunate. So we left and went to another bar.
 Where the DJ was an old cowboy in a hay loft playing music off of CD's. He played "apple bottom jeans" back to back with a hank williams jr. song. Note the confederate flag. It was hilarious.

All in all it was a great day and night and I was so soo happy to celebrate with my best friend on finding the love of her life. Love you Katie!! Can't wait for your wedding day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable card!! Where you got the idea for this stunning card? I love the decoration in this bachelorette party. I got really great ideas for the decoration of my sister’s bachelorette party that will be organized at New York city party venue. Thanks for this article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great! I got the invite idea from Pinterest of course. It was a labor of love but so worth it. They turned out adorable. Pinterest has tons of great ideas! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete