Sunday, August 18, 2013

9 weeks and telling the rest of our family

Update on my morning all day sickness......This week started out pretty rough. I got my prescriptions filled for my excessive nausea/vomiting and the Zofran did not really work. I took just the Zofran the first day to see if it would help at all and  got sick 23 times at work Wednesday night. It was rough but I pushed through and survived. Thursday night I took the Zofran and Phenergan (the big guns as they say) and it worked! I got floated to work in the PICU (Pediatric ICU) and didn't get sick once, which was great because that would have been really awkward in a different unit than my usual with different patients and different nurses working with me. Since Thursday I have only gotten sick once! Hurray!! The problem is, the Phenergan makes me so incredible exhausted and weak. I feel like a zombie and can't keep my eyes open and feeling like that makes me grouchy. I think from here on out, I will take each day at a time and assess my need for meds and try to take them only if I need them so I can try to function and no be a grouch. That being said, I am still incredibly thankful for being sick, I constantly remind myself that this is a great sign of a healthy pregnancy and baby and that I would do anything to have this baby, this is just part of that process and I will do whatever it takes, this journey is not about me, it's about this baby and as long as it's healthy... I am happy!
This is my go to meal right now when I feel sick, you buy it frozen and shake it up with juice and Whalaa...Smoothie!

pictures from my grandmother's house.
 
Other news.... We told my grandmother and my dad's side! We went to Saturday dinner armed with nothing creative but our sonogram picture of our gummy bear at 8 weeks and smiles on our faces.....and a baby in my tummy. We got to my grandmother's before everyone else and I showed her the sono picture and asked if she knew what that was? After a few seconds of silence I told her  "this is a baby" and pointed to the picture and she said "ahhh! Are you P.G?!" I told her yes and she was so excited. Next my little brother came in and we showed him and said "That is your neice or nephew!" and he was excited and gave us hugs/hand shakes and congratulated us. My Aunt Joel and Uncle Blair were next with their two boys Max and Jack. We were sitting outside eating the hors d'oeurves and I showed them the picture and my aunt started screaming and hugging me and my uncle too. And then my last Aunt and Uncle came up and we showed them and they kind of did the same thing and said " about time!" There are only 9 grandchildren on this side of the family, the oldest two of us are married and we are the first to have a baby so this will be my grandmother's first great-grandchild. Everyone is so excited for us. It was great to share.

We also sent a box to my Aunt Betsy and Uncle Bob's house for them to share with their kids (my cousins Heidi and Ben, Peter and Brianna and David and Stacey.) The box had a box of ice cream cones, chocolate sauce, strawberry sauce, peanuts, m&m's, sprinkles, gummy bears, etc in it and a note telling my cousin Heidi, Happy Birthday (she LOVES ice cream) and that this was an ice cream party in a box all they needed was to add ice cream to their toppings we sent. While they were celebrating Heidi's birthday, they had one more to celebrate. On the next page I put a sonogram picture and the baby's due date. They sent us this picture!

We have decided to start buying a case of diapers in all different sizes each paycheck until the baby is born so we can stock up. This is our first case! Yay!

And we also finally bought our garage door opener this weekend and Taylor spent all day sunday installing it. So excited to be able to park in our garage easily this winter and when the baby is born.


And for this week's chalkboard....



How far along? 9 weeks, baby is the size of a green olive!
Total weight gain: down 12.5 lbs. :( (my face is thinner for sure I think)
Maternity clothes? Nope, in fact my pants still fit just fine, although I am noticing they are getting tighter in the belly again.
Sleep: I am a zombie because of my Phenergan for my nausea.
Best moment this week: Telling the rest of our family. The nausea going away for little periods of time.
Miss Anything? A glass of wine with dinner at my grandmother's house.
Movement: WAAY too soon still.
Food cravings: Strawberries dipped in chocolate cream cheese, peanut butter, BBQ!!!!
Anything making you queasy or sick: EVERYTHING
Gender: No idea, we will be thrilled either way.
Symptoms: nausea and tired, that's it.
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on.
Happy or Moody most of the time: I have been totally grumpy and have no energy to do anything when I am on my meds but I am still thrilled to be pregnant and know this baby is on it's way.
Looking forward to: Still want my belly to "pop" and to get to my 12 week mark for our next sonogram and maybe the end of my sickness?

No comments:

Post a Comment