Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Little Baby Smith

Well we had the 4th and final blood drawn yesterday to confirm that this little baby is really growing and sticking with us and we are so excited to announce that....
Baby Smith is FINALLY on his/her way!




Here are the first 3 tests. The two strips have two lines on them but only my highly trained eye could see them.

 
 Here is the progression each day as the baby grows, the levels rise and the lines get darker. Pretty cool to see.


My blood results were fantastic and our favorite nurse scheduled us for our very first ultrasound for next Tuesday. July 30th, 2013. I will be 6 weeks and 1 day pregnant at that time and we might get to see the heart beating if it is developed enough at that point. We are absolutely ecstatic! I actually broke down and bought the book "What to expect when you're expecting" and "The belly book", which is a journal/scrapbook to document your pregnancy with fill in the blank pages and spots for pictures. This is all becoming real and we can't even believe it. The baby's due date is estimated at March 24th, 2014 by dates. Our sonogram will tell us how baby is measuring and we will get a better idea of exact due date at that time. Because I am considered high risk based on our efforts to get pregnant, my doctor will have us do 3 sonograms early on in the pregnancy and make sure everything is ok before releasing me to the regular OB/GYN for our first prenatal appointment and we are definitely ok with that! We want to see our little babe as many times as possible. So as of now we have sonograms scheduled for 6, 7 AND 8 weeks pregnant with our first prenatal appointment at 8 weeks 2 days. It also just so happens to be Grandma Smith's birthday. We are just hoping for a safe and happy pregnancy with a healthy baby and momma at the end.
Each week we are going to take pictures with our chalkboard to keep track of my growing belly and what is going on that week in our pregnancy. You know how I say "Mother's are the memory keepers" that is me!
Here is me with our first chalkboard. Ignore my stomach in this one, I was extremely bloated this week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment