Tuesday, July 30, 2013

1st ultrasound

Today was a magical day in the Smith household. Taylor and I went to our first "OB sono" this morning. In the same room where we have had many sonos before while trying to get pregnant. This time our favorite sonographer said as she walked in "Well guys, congrats!". I was sooooo nervous and scared things wouldn't look quite right or the baby wouldn't measure or that we wouldn't see a heartbeat. At 6weeks 1 day pregnant, it could technically be still too early to see a heartbeat so we were prepared for that. She started our scan and I was shaking so bad. I looked at Taylor and he seemed a little nervous too and literally right then she said "Guys I see a heartbeat!" and she turned the screen around. I just started bawling. Like full blown, get the Kleenex, embarrassing, ugly cry. I think Taylor might have gotten a little choked up but I was a little distracted by my mess of tears. He took a picture of the screen and I got to take a video of that perfect tiny little flicker of hope....of life. That 10 second video I took has been watched so many times today and each time I get teary eyed. We created a life, a baby, our baby! It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. The nurse met with us afterward and said everything looked fantastic and we have another ultrasound next Tuesday and one the week after that just to make sure everything looks great before our "close out" and release to the regular OB.

Without further ado! Meet Baby Smith!
 


 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment