Saturday, March 5, 2016

Hospital Bag.... ding ding round 2

I made a hospital bag list last time when I had Henry and I was interested to see what I had actually packed because I know I didn't need a lot of it and there were a few things I wish I had brought with me that I will bring along this time. This is what I have in my bag so far

Momma's bag-( just my medium size vera bradley weekender duffle bag)
  • my own pillows (last time I only brought one, not enough.)
  • a comfy outfit to go home in- probably leggings and a shirt of some maternity shirt/ hoodie
  • a comfy sleep nursing bra
  • a few nursing cami's. I lived in these and robes last time in the hospital. Easy access to breastfeed and I felt I still looked decent.
  • my two thin t-shirt material robes to go over nursing cami's for visitors. My maternity jammie sets shrunk in the wash after last go around so I cant wear the pants because they look ridiculous like high waters and the tanks were horrible. DO NOT BUY THE CUTE MATERNITY SET. Get some comfy PJ pants, nursing tanks and a robe of your own.
  • a few pairs of maternity lounge pants.
  • a zip up sweatshirt- (in case I get cold) to go over nursing cami's during the day when visitors come, I'd like to look a little more put together.
  • my makeup- yes I want to at least look okay if I feel like crap, there will be lots of pictures and visitors so sue me. I'm glad I brought it last time and I'll be glad I brought it again, pictures people, lots of pictures. And visitors.
  • my hair dryer- same as above.
  • toiletries (I packed shampoo, conditioner, body wash, a new small loofa, face wash, tooth paste and tooth brush, chapstick BIG TIME IMPORTANT on the chapstick).
  • hard candies- to suck on in labor when I'm NPO (nothing by mouth).
  • soft fuzzy socks with grippy bottoms.
  • flip flops- for the shower or walking around my room.
  • a few walmart sacks-for dirty clothing.
  • Insurance card
  • photo ID
  • An extension cord! Last time my phone charger wouldn't reach from the wall to my bed which was annoying because I was setting my alarm to get up to nurse my sleepy baby and trying to text people who wanted to visit and take pictures and play on it when I was in labor and couldn't move.
Baby' stuff (which will all go in my bag)
  • a going home outfit or two (so I can change my mind or in case she doesn't fit in the one I had planned).
  • a few pairs of scratch mittens.
  • a cute hat or two and some headbands
  • car seat.
  • a blanket to go over him in his carseat.
Daddy's stuff
  • snacks, yes this is first important for him (things like granola bars, snack mix bags, a few small bags of chips, gum, candy).  He thanked me last time and I thanked myself when my hospital food wasn't great.
  • a few pairs of lounge pants.
  • a few t-shirts.
  • a few pairs of underwear.
  • a sweatshirt.
  • some socks.
  • some jeans and some shirts for going home or daytime wear.
  • a toiletry bag (I packed him shampoo, conditioner, face wash, disposable razor, toothbrush/paste) Just in case he decides to shower at the hospital and not go home.
  • flip flops to wear around and take off easily.
  • pillow and blanket for his poor sleep chair.
Tech bag (just my camera bag)
  • Camera.
  • Battery charger.
  • video camera- no I will not video tape the birth, just maybe little snippets of her first days and visitors.
  • cell phones.
  • cell phone chargers.
  • maybe our laptop and charger in case Taylor gets bored.
And this time all of this fits in my bag. I made sure to do that on purpose. The only things that wont fit are my camera bag and our bedding, the rest is all packed in there tight. I did put an Ikea bag in the back of my car to carry extra stuff out and the gift for Henry to get from his baby sister when he meets her for the first time.

The things I did not need...
  •  many nursing bras (I only wore one on the way home from the hospital that's it),
  • expensive maternity PJ set- see above
  • underwear of any kind (wear the awesome mesh granny panties they give you at the hospital, ask for a pack to take home too. They're sexy!
  • baby socks (his feet were just fine swaddled up)
  • extra memory card for my camera (one was plenty who was I kidding)
  • any other baby clothes (they wear the little white shirt and diaper for easy skin to skin time and nursing and that's just fine). I did keep cute hats/ headbands in my list because that's fun.
  • your own blankets, baby items like diapers, wipes, bulb syringe, diaper bag etc. The hospital provides all of that. I knew that and didn't pack it anyway but it's important for some to know that wouldn't already.
  • too much clothing for you or daddy. You will only be there for 2-3 days, don't pack for a month.
  • drinks, I put several in the snack bag for Taylor but he got cold ones from the vending machines and the cafeteria and the nurses instead. No need for our own warm ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment