Friday, March 4, 2016

38 weeks

How far along? 38 weeks, the size of a watermelon. Yep that about sums it up.
Total weight gain:  23 pounds now. Still not swollen at all which is incredible considering today I am 39 weeks.
Maternity clothes? Comfy anything.
Sleep: I still am not sleeping great. I've got some insomnia even though I am physically exhausted. I just lay awake and think about things and unfortunately my anxiety is really high and I'm emotional so that's not condusive to sleep. Once I fall asleep, I'm usually good for several hours until I have to pee and I suprisingly can nap daily still.
Best moment this week: Getting to see my doctor and discuss our sono results and getting the go ahead to get this baby out.
Miss Anything? Sleeping and moving like normal. I'm ready to get my body back.
Movement: Just lots of squirming and wiggling but not much rolling anymore. I think she continues to scoot further and further down.
Food cravings: ICE and peach slushies from sonic. Sushi.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing :)
Gender: GIRL
Symptoms: Braxton hicks and pelvic pressure/ pain. Some cramping and back ache intermittently.
Belly Button in or out? flat, completely. It's weird.
Wedding rings on or off? still on! Even on nights I'm swollen at work I can put it on in the morning when I leave.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Emotional.
Looking forward to:
HAVING THIS BABY!!! I met with my doctor on wednesday and we talked in depth about my growth scan from last week vs. the one at 32 weeks. She mapped it out on a growth curve to show me that she probably is not quite as big as they are saying she was last week. My doctor doesn't think she was 9lbs 4oz then, more like high 8's but pushing 9lbs now. She can't do anything to help me until I hit 39 weeks which is today so we agreed the risk of a c-section because of an induction is probably far less than the risk of a c-section because baby is too big for me to get out. I told my doctor that I trust her 100% and that I am ready to have this baby but she can make the call. She and I both agreed that a slow patient induction with no rash decisions would be best. She wants to make sure I can get her out without going to the OR and I appreciate that. So.... I am going in tomorrow night to be induced. Woo! Come on baby Eleanor.

What we did this week:
We had a great weekend, on Sunday we wanted to spoil Henry and make him feel special since we didn't know when little girl was going to show up. We took him to get his hair cut which is so stinkin' cute. Then we took him to Fritz's for lunch and he could not stop watching the trains long enough to take some bites of food. We literally had to feed him all of it because he was so distracted and in awe. It was so cute. Then we went home and let him nap and took him to the aquarium. He loved watching the "shish" and "sharks". We took him to my parents to say hi on the way home too and I started having contractions on the way home every 2 minutes or so. I started counting and tracking them and they went from 4:30pm-midnight every 1.5-5 minutes and were starting to get stronger. I went home, showered, got things ready just in case, bounced on my birth ball, changed positions, drank a ton of water and they didn't slow down until I went to bed. I had a couple of bad ones that woke me up but nothing consistent. I've had them quite a bit through the week but nothing consistent unless I was working. She has made it clear she's not going to come unless we force her out. So force her out we will. One more day little girl, one more day.





 I caught my shadow in the fountain and started laughing at how big my belly looks.




 Cora the freak dog was by my side all day sunday. She slept by my side the entire night saturday night while her cozy bed is on Taylor's side. She has literally never done that before. She was acting super weird and being super clingy to me. I had heard dogs can sense changes from storms and from babies coming too and I was hoping I was going to go into labor, that is the night I had all the contractions. Look at her watching my belly.
 and this was the next day. Freak dog.


 sleeping by my side again.
 Henry on the left, Eleanor on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment