Friday, January 15, 2016

31 weeks


How far along? 31 weeks, baby is the size of a pineapple
Total weight gain: 16-17lbs depending on the day
Maternity clothes? whatever fits, comfy is the name of my game lately. Think leggings, yoga pants, t-shirts.
Sleep: Sleeping well when I crash and having to pee every 2-3 hours so I get interrupted but luckily I am able to nap anytime Henry does still so that's good.
Best moment this week: Working on getting ready for E.J.
Miss Anything? Sleeping on my stomach, moving at my normal pace.
Movement: Still a ton, she rolls all over and I think she is realizing she is out of room.
Food cravings: I honestly haven't craved sugar as badly this week. Peanut butter and pickles for sure though.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing :)
Gender: GIRL
Symptoms: my pelvis and hips are super sore and my lower back too. I can tell things are getting ready for this babe.
Belly Button in or out? pretty flat
Wedding rings on or off? on. :)
Happy or Moody most of the time: Moody, I cried to Taylor this week just because I was being an emotional wreck. I am so excited for her to be here but I truley don't feel like myself and it was really getting to me.
Looking forward to:
Seeing baby E twice! We have our fun sono scheduled with Peeps for tomorrow and then a growth sono at my doctor on tuesday. I can't wait to see her and see if we can tell if she has hair. YAY! Then we are going to Sam's club on sunday to get all things stocked up before baby and that will make me feel more prepared for her.

What we did this week:
We really made some good progress on Eleanor's room this week. We got all of her flowers hung above her crib, her shelf and pegs hung on her wall and decorated, her iron medallion hung on the wall and her bow holder hung by her sink. The last thing we have to do is get pulls for her dresser (harder to find that I had hoped). Hang her gallery wall but I am kind of waiting on purpose to make sure I have everything I want for it before I do it and finish her chair cover.
 This little shelf is just a place for her "pretties". She has my silver baby cup and silverwear, her heart beat bunny from the sono where we found out she was a girl and that dress was mine when I was a baby and I made the tutu. We hung her curtains and the crystal finials match the chandelier perfectly.





Speaking of which, I started working on it. I don't know if I mentioned this project on here before, so I will kind of start with how this started. Henry has an awesome chair in his room that we bought before he was born to match his nursery. Chocolate brown. My thought was that I could use it for his room and in our living room or common areas later when the kids don't need it in a nursery anymore. I didn't think about having a girl that much (because I didn't think it would ever happen) and I don't like slip covers. I think they fit poorly if you can find one that fits at all and to find one with a matching ottoman that fits, forget about it. So I thought well, I have a sewing machine. I know how to use it. I'm crafty and surely this can't be that difficult, just like a big puzzle. So I got on Pinterest and found tons of tutorials that make it look easy, time consuming, but not difficult and lots of youtube videos that do the same and went and bought the fabric before I chickened out. I started working on it on thursday when Henry was at Kid's day out. I made cording for the trim where it already exists on the chair and then I cut out a peice of fabric the size of the top of the ottoman and pinned the cording to it where it exists on the current chair and sewed it on. That's as far as I have gotten because I had to go pick up Henry but I plan to keep working on it alot in the next few days. Taylor is going ice fishing in northern minnesota with clients of his on a business trip at the end of next week so I will have a few nights alone after Henry goes to sleep to work on it and a few nap times too. 
Before




I picked Henry up from school on thur and it was so warm and sunny we had to stop at the park and let him play. 



That night I had my sprinkle shower this week for Eleanor. A few girls and I went to dinner at the cheesecake factory to celebrate this little peanut and had a yummy dinner and got the sweetest gifts. Such a sweet gesture. 

And because Henry is so damn cute. Some more pics of him. 





 And one of eleanor this week just for fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment