Saturday, December 19, 2015

27 weeks




How far along? 27 weeks, baby is the size of a cucumber
Total weight gain: 15lbs (gotta say, I'm impressed I've made it this far only gaining that much since I haven't been sick).
Maternity clothes? Nothing new, just comfy as possible.
Sleep: Terrible this week. I can't get comfortable, If I lay down I feel like she and everything else push up to my neck so I try to stay propped a little bit but I can't stay on one side for too long or my hip hurts. I basically toss and turn. Oh well.
Best moment this week: Getting ready for christmas and for Eleanor to come. Christmas baking day and meeting my sister's boyfriend at the little dinner shin dig I threw.
Miss Anything? wine still. Oh well.
Movement: She has days where she is lazy and I feel gentle little taps and movements and others where she is nuts and she does full body rolls and big twist and turns. She just better stay head down.
Food cravings: Cookies and sweets.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing :)
Gender: GIRL
Symptoms: sleeping crummy, running out of breath, charlie horses. No complaints though, small price to pay.
Belly Button in or out? Getting pretty shallow these days, I actually wonder if it will pop this time, kinda doubt it though.
Wedding rings on or off? on. :)
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to:
CHRISTMAS! DUH! and getting our family pictures back.

What we did this week:
We had our family pictures on saturday which was fun. Henry did well for the first 20 minutes all smiley and cooperative and then he realized there was open fields and decided to take off running. I'm sure I look all sweaty and red faced in them. Awesome.






















They turned out amazing!!

Tuesday my mom and sister came over and we did our annual christmas baking day. My sister played with Henry alot which was so fun for both of them. He was literally ecstatic when they walked in the house. He screetched and laughed, it was so sweet. We made sugar cookies with icing, oreo truffle balls and 7 layer bars. All yummy stuff. Henry took a great 3 hour nap and my mom and sister tackled my house and did some organizing, deep cleaning and decorating for me. It was so much needed and so much appreciated. I move alot slower these days and it's hard to get a solid chunk of time to do that stuff without Henry needing me so for them to tackle it together was just the best. 




 My sister made a sugar cookie family of us complete with my bump. Hehe

Her annual Christmas baking day nap. She deserved it though. 


Wednesday I painted Eleanor's bathroom to match her room and decorated it and made some baby gifts for friends during nap. My sister brought her new boyfriend Jack over to our house for dinner. We decided to do it there so Henry could play and hang out and go to bed when needed and we wouldn't feel rushed at a restaurant. It worked out perfectly. My house was spotless from the day before. I made my yummy meatballs and spaghetti and delicious garlic bread. Taylor cracked a bottle of wine. We lit candles and turned on the Christmas lights and played my "dirty martini" playlist filled with Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald and many more like them. It was great to have family time and get to meet Jack.

Thursday Henry went to kid's day out again. This time he recognized where we were and started running to his classroom from the church lobby which made this momma happy. He immediately started playing with toys while I made up his nap cot and while I kissed him goodbye, he waved and smiled and kept on playing. I had a great mommy day and had time to run a bunch of errands, get a prenatal massage and make two blankets and two matching burp rags for Eleanor. That's the last of my projects for her before I tackle covering Henry's chair. I bought the fabric, I'm just scared to start because I have NO idea what I am doing. I'm praying to the gods of pinterest to lead the way and I will just figure it out as I go. When I picked Henry up that afternoon he came running to me all smiles, said hi and gave me a big hug and kiss and rested his head on my shoulder. Someone missed the momma. But he wasn't super eager to leave either and that made me feel good too. He had his Christmas party and came home with all sorts of goodies (we were in charge of bringing stickers) and they even made an ornament with his picture in it for us and wrapped it for mom and dad, love Henry. I almost cried when I opened it. I love sentimental things like that. I remember doing them when I was little at daycare and being so excited to give them to my parents. Henry obviously had no clue what it was but it means alot to me and I'm thankful to his teacher for the gesture. 







No comments:

Post a Comment