Friday, December 19, 2014

Pottery painting afternoon

Another item checked off the bucket list! Painting pottery with my mom and sister. I wanted to paint a cute cookie platter and matching mug that has our last name on it for Santa's cookies and milk each year. Just another fun tradition to start now as our first Christmas with a kiddo. I love to paint and couldn't really find a set I liked to purchase so I decided it would be fun to go paint my own. Here are some examples I found that I liked.


 And this little santa guy, I've had pinned in my pinterest board for over a year now. I wanted to paint him onto a canvas but just never have gotten around to it. I thought he would be perfect for our plate. He is unique and gnome like (I love gnomes) so he will fit in perfectly.
 We went to lunch with G.G. for her birthday and got a yummy dessert at the end. Candybar pie. FOR. THE. WIN.


 Then we went right next door to the Ceramic Cafe. While I painted the nice gal that worked there offered to stamp Henry's footprint onto a tile for us for free. Of course we let her! And it turned out so cute we made her make 2 more. Great Christmas gifts for the grandparents.
 Here are our finished products. My sister did the milk mug for me and my mom helped write on the footprint tiles and held Henry while I painted the platter.




I think they all turned out SO cute and I can't wait to pick them up after they are glazed and fired in the kiln this saturday! One more checked off the bucket list! 

Here is the finished product! I'm obsessed with how it turned out.




No comments:

Post a Comment