Thursday, December 4, 2014

First tree as a family of three

Our first tree as a family of three! 
We headed out to the little hidden tree farm we normally go to. Cedar Valley Forest, it has good prices, good trees, good people and really really good free hot chocolate.
It's such a scenic little place that makes my heart skip a beat when we make the drive. I LOVE Christmas and this kinda kicks off the holidays for me.

My handsome lumberjack getting ready to head out and find us a tree!
It's so awkward for me to ask others to take a picture of us and even more awkward to say "hey my kid's eyes are shut, I get that you are trying to keep yours all with you in this forest but could you snap another?" So I didn't and this one will have to do.
Henry has been lovin riding on Daddy's shoulders lately and this day was no exception. I'm so incredibly glad we went on such a warm day (in the 60's) so that Henry could be comfortable while we looked. Cold babies are no bueno.
That little face!............... and that little christmas themed plaid shirt.


We found one! Note to self, make sure you get the tree with short needles not the long spiny ones we got last year that literally made me bleed whilst hanging lights and ornaments.
This tree is luscious, almost as luscious as my husband....err awkward.
Clark W. Griswold Jr. 
 Little full, lotta sap. I literally pictured my windows being blown out by the branches when he cut the net off.
 Henry wasn't sure what to think.
 He did end up clapping (his new trick) when it was all put up. So cute!
 He decided playing in his shadow was more fun but it sure made for amazing pictures.






He does this thing with his arms up. I don't get it. He just holds them up by his ears and looks at me. Goober.





And yes I made my tree skirt :) Pottery barn chic but for about $8 instead. 


 ****
And just for fun, I'll show you some more of my holiday decor. These tiny trees are on the mini landing shelves on my stairs. 

 My island centerpiece (although now the middle hurricane has broken mercury glass and mirror pieces in it that I got at Ikea, It looks kinda like ice. I love it!)

 Ignore all the baby crap in the background.


I love my bannister garland. Can you spot the little cardinals hidden in?
 Downstairs bathroom.

 Swedish santas!
 Henry's tree that is going in his room.
 I had some tree trimmin's from the bottom of our tree. It was a smidge too tall so we had to trim a few of the bottom branches off and they made a nice addition to my huge mercury glass vase.
 Our mantel that my sister did. The tree trunk sections that you can spot hidden in there are the bottom chunks of our tree from our 4 christmas's together. They say the year, our last name and our first names. It's fun to see Cora and now Henry added in and watch our family grow. I also put cute tags my neighbor made me onto our stockings to identify who's is who's. Taylor and I have white, Cora's is red and white and Henry's is the green. If we have more boys, they will be green as well and if we have daughters they will have solid red.





And since I can't get enough of his cuteness. Here are a few Henry pics. 
 He is always trying to get into his diaper drawer. Stinker!
 But that ornery smile with those little chompers is the sweetest thing, you just can't be mad.




 Here he goes again. Knowing he's not supposed to.
 Working on some puffs at lunch time in his new big boy high chair!
 The high chair is awesome. I love that there are no fabric or soft spots. That means nothing to wash. The entire thing can be wiped down with a rag and stays clean no matter how messy my child gets. He has however figured out that he can chuck food off the edge at Cora and she scrambles and runs around to get it off the floor. But then she figured out that if she comes close enough (she was afraid of the chair at first) that he will just feed it right to here. These two. Sheesh!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment