Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Is he the good luck charm?

The Royals haven't been in the playoffs for the world series since 1985. That is a LONG time and right now they are trying to get there again. Taylor is convinced that Henry is the good luck charm for the Royals this year. He claims that the Royals have done incredibly well since Henry was born (as if there are no other circumstances at hand. ha!) and I don't know if that is true, but he has only been to two games and they have won both times so we will let Taylor think what he wants and enjoy the winnings and the fun we have along the way. It looks off center because of the way it was on him at that moment but I painted Henry this onesie for the game.
We got free tickets from Taylor's work for last night's game and took the munchkin. The first game he went to was when he was 8 weeks old and he slept in his moby wrap the entire time.

It was 90 degrees and sunny. Last night was quite different but so much fun. Look how tiny he was! Ahh!

This time was so much more fun. It was 75 degrees and I got to watch less of the game because Henry was awake and hangin out so I was focused on him. But, he LOVED the bright lights, jumbo-tron, lit up score boards and all the people watching. He made LOTS of friends (3 girls from the blue crew were goo goo gah gah all over him through out the game and he got lots of finger pointing and "Aww"s.)


He was so well behaved. Didn't cry once and didn't mind the loud cheers. He even took a cat nap in the 4th inning with Aunt-E.


goofballs, this was right before Henry fell asleep, can ya tell? 

me and Sarah

(We took my sister and one of my best friends Sarah with us since we got 4 tickets). So much fun!
We tried out the Ergo baby carrier that a friend of mine had to see if we liked it before we go buy one and it's awesome!! I loved it. It doesn't hurt my back, it's super comfortable for me and him. He loved being snuggled in. It's not hot or tight for either of us like the moby wrap is and it's super easy to put on and take off and put baby in and out of. I can do it in seconds by myself. Highly recommend. 









I can't wait for these two to get to have many more Royals games and father/ son bonding moments as Henry grows up. It's so important for them both to have these fun times together and I literally got choked up watching this scene play out.

No comments:

Post a Comment