Sunday, November 17, 2013

Nursery update!



Well we finally decided what color we wanted the walls to be....drum roll please.......
 NAVY BLUE!
I know, you are thinking "Ehh, that's gonna be too dark" But I don't think so. We have stark white trim and white ceiling and a big window in there. I think it will be really cool looking. Here is our inspirational picture that I found off pinterest that made me think navy in the first place. Literally just the color of the wall and the crib color that I want, nothing else will be the same. But just so you can see what I am envisioning.
I originally thought I wanted this light grey blue color with a dark crib but I just couldn't find the right shade and it looked kinda muted and boring to me. Maybe it was their light crib in the picture but still. I like the navy much better.

I am a little obsessed with the navy chevron rug, however, Taylor informed me the other day he doesn't like chevron. Which made my original plan for his fabrics change too.
This is what I was thinking at first.

But no bumper (because they are not safe people!!)
So I wasn't sure how to get the car fabric in the crib skirt. But my mom and I went and got enough car fabric for his blanket and his pillow for his chair and tried to find matching fabric options which was much harder than I thought it was going to be. These are some of the options we considered.
 
Different prints

 
Green check or denim.
 
I even looked at stripes.

But we chose the navy blue check print for his crib skirt trim on the bottom of the car fabric.
 
and the sage green corduroy for the backing on his blanket with Navy satin trim.
 
I also picked out a few fun fabrics for blankets.
 
 
The dinosaur will be backed with red minky and the puppy dogs backed with brown minky. I can't wait to make these! They are so soft!
 
I think we are going to paint this week and I will post before, during and after pictures as we go.
 


1 comment:

  1. The nursery looks fantastic! My name is Heather and I just have a quick question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete