Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Henry turns TWO!

Eleanor was due March 12th, Henry turned TWO on March 20th. That didn't leave much time with a newborn for me to shop for gifts as well as decorations and food for the party, so I did it all before I had Eleanor. I shopped and wrapped gifts and had them hidden in our guest room all ready to go. I ordered all the decorations for his party online and I had all the ingredients for the cake ready to go in the pantry. I sat at work one night and looked through pinterest on my lunch break and found a ton of cute ideas for a construction theme party since Henry is so into "tractors!" and "truck trucks". We had Henry's party on his actual birthday and had both sets of grandparents, Grandma Janet, Aunt-E, Uncle Mark and cousins Rachel, Marcus and Sawyer come over for pizza, cake and ice cream and gifts. It was just a fun small party but a great way to celebrate our boy and have fun in the process.Here is Rachel holding "all the kids".
 I made up a Caesar salad and served it in a big bowl set down in the back of his biggest dump truck. Rachel brought a strawberry pretzel salad and we picked up a few pizzas.
 I found matching plates and napkins and cups to go with our theme too.





 I found Henry this little hat and dressed him to look the part.


I decorated the house with yellow and orange streamers and black balloons to go with the theme and I put up construction signs that I painted. I found a cute table cloth online and used some of the dump trucks and the big letter H that we already had.





As far as the cake, I made chocolate cakes in 3 different size round pans and set them off center so the backs all lined up well and the front looked like 3 different tiers still. I frosted it all with chocolate "mud" frosting and took a fork to the front of the cake to make it look like a dirt pile. I added chopped up snickers bars and whoppers to look like rocks and rubble. The little construction trucks and the Henry signage were the icing on the cake. Literally. Then I cut out a number 2 out of paper and set it on top of the cake and sprinkled cake crumbs all around it so it would leave a negative image when I pulled the paper back up. I LOVE the way it turned out :)

Sissy tried not to steal the show but that's hard to do when you're the newbie and you're so cute.





No comments:

Post a Comment